hyland770

thats a nice post you have attached to that giant add!

I know that to support the forum you need money, whoever "you" is haha so therefore i understand the need for adds etc etc

but jesus isnt this new setup taking the **** a little bit? am i interested in smileys..no, am i interested in buying a new vauxhall corsa....no etc etc

and i think it really takes the **** when you've made a thread and theres now a bloody great add in the same box as your writing!? maybe all these adds are whats slowing down this forum too?? i too am noticing its much slower than it was before the "change"

just my thoughts anyway as it is slightly cheesing me off, might be better if we all pay like a £5 subscription or something instead? that way you woudl also get rid of the people who dont really contribute much to threads anyway!? and im sure even the poorest of the poor can scrounge 5 quid!?

am i interested in smileys..no, am i interested in buying a new vauxhall corsa....no etc etc

Am i interested in moaning about the hard work,time and money others put in to keep this forum running YES :(

Am i interested in moaning about the hard work,time and money others put in to keep this forum running YES :(

i understand that perfectly and i would be happy to pay or donate if it meant getting rid of these ridiculous adds which are splashed all over the pages.

i understand that perfectly and i would be happy to pay or donate if it meant getting rid of these ridiculous adds which are splashed all over the pages.

I'm not sure i'm seeing the same as you mate........the only ads i see are at the top of the page.........are you saying there is an ad in every reply? The ones at the top dont bother me to be honest..........i donate(occasionally and no vast sums) to keep the forum going as i enjoy reading it and am happy to try and help with anything i can advise wise(which isn't much) ...........i'm sure andi would be happy for you to donate ...............without conditions though ?

Edited by easypops
Reason for Editing

I don't see ads in replies either. I don't mind the ads, I get used to them, but do often think the analytics tools needs some tuning to make them worth while. As said, why display ads with 'Corsa' when it's a VW Forum etc...?

Some fine tuning of tagging or meta-datashould make them more effective.

That said, I'd never buy from a banner ad anyway. If it gets some income for the Forum, it's not really a big hardship.

Yeah we know it's an issue - especially all the dating adds etc that keep coming up as they don't look professional when browsing at work.

Andi is just trialling this out for a bit to see if it does generate any significant revenue - after that we'll look into removing them for subscribers etc.

For now you can use a browser add-in like AdBlock - I've got this installed in Chrome both on the Mac and PC and it works a treat, stops them from being downloaded so the site is lightning fast!

We're getting there...

I wondered when someone would suggest ad-blockers. I use one, but then I also subscribe so I don't feel so bad (not that I would ever click one anyway unless it was an accident).

. As said, why display ads with 'Corsa' when it's a VW Forum etc...?

makes me feel at home :lol:

yeah i guess its still early days and you lot do do a top job i was just/am finding all these adds all over the place a bit irritating! and yeah i had a massive add in one of my threads, had some blond girl with a red top on thats all i remember....goes to show how effective that add was LOL

Can't say the adds offend me, don't usually pay them any attention. Except when am on pistonheads and the breast enlargement add appears, the fit bird with big boobs in just her underwear. Please please may we have that one on here