sexybourbon

can anybody with a passat sunroof please help

Please can anyone tell me the correct passat sunroof that will fit in my 2ltr 16 v

Mines broken and now the seal has started leaking so im gonna have to get a new one ! Im watching a 1996 one at the mo on ebay would this fit ? And finally would i need the motor with it or will mine fit it as it still works

Cheers

I was under the impression that the sunroof from a B4 is what you need. I could be wrong but I think the B5 one mounts differently, don't quote me on that though!

Cheers bud im just not sure what model sunroof to buy dont wanna spend money on the wrong part cheers tho ill have to do some more looking

Iam sure i read the skoda Octavia estate moonroof fits aswell !

It sounds like one of your sunroof drains is blocked ! The seal is not water tight,it relies on four drain holes one in each corner ! Most likely just need cleaning out. Its easiest to take the rear bumper off (4bolts) the drainage tubes are well accessible,find an old cable and give them a good clean out, it's all mine needed to stop it leaking !

B4 Passat Estate is what you need mate. 93-96 to be safe although I think these were the facelift years. Pre 93 may be ok but not sure.

Mine came from a 94 and all fittings line up perfectly. Just be carefull to check that it's lined up as centrally as possible as the corners of the roof leave slightly bigger gaps than the straight edges. These roofs can let in a little too much water so test the roof in the rain for a while before you refit your headliner. I found mine was letting in a small amount of water but I've managed to fix this http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?53075-Another-moonroof-post-sorry!!!!

I've just fitted a new sunroof today to mine (it's a '93 valver)

I got one from out of a '97 seat ibiza and it fits perfectly. Only cost £25 as well so a lot cheaper than the passat ones :-)

Cheers guys i thaught i had replied yo this thread so sorry for the delay i dont like being ignorant

Iv just had a read through you thread mate cars lovely and i noticed you had done the sunroof im going yo be keeping my eyes peeled now as im kinda sik ov the black vinyl sealing the sunroof as a temp fix just so much to do and no monry to do it lol i suppose at 25 quid tho u cant go wrong

Anybody help jere iv just been to my local scrappers and they have a passat 1.8 cl in does anybody know if this will fit a corrado as they only want 35 quid for it and it wud really help us out

Anybody help jere iv just been to my local scrappers and they have a passat 1.8 cl in does anybody know if this will fit a corrado as they only want 35 quid for it and it wud really help us out

just for refrence really but i went ahead and got the cl sunroof and it fits perfect was in and done in about two hours but i sprayed the roof trim black and fitted the center sunvisor so could probs be done in an hour

so as theres a lot of umming and rrrring about sunroofs that fit a 1.8 cl passat on a 94 plate fits perfect in to a 93 corrado

cheers