Jim Bowen

Random Slam panel spot the difference question?

Not really any reason for me to know, but just interested to know now.

But spotted that some slam panels are different? Anyone know the reason for this?

IMG_0482.jpg

DSC03816.jpg

Mine is the same as the green one, which looks nicer imo :lol: not that it matters, but any reason why they are different?

Is this early and late?

The top photo is of my car- It has air-con fitted which was a dealer fit option. The condenser sits in front of the rad and needs to be made to fit I presume.

You will also see the additional relays etc to the left of the washer bottle.

I haven't noticed that before but I would imagine it's for accomodating different radiator sizes & configurations. You can actually get a VR6 radiator from the dealer which is 2/3rds the size of the stock one, which is for cold climates. It would sit nicely in that upper slam panel as it's both shorter and narrower.

The top pic isn't a VR slam but was still probably factory fitted - I think there were various supply issues when the Corrado was being built but the one in the bottom pic is exclusively for the VR as it doesn't have the radiator mounting points for the 4 cyl models.

As supercharged and Kempy say. The top picture has a slight cut out too which looks to have been made to allow for the vr rad to fit, Ive never seen that before! Normally that area is steel on non vr's

As supercharged and Kempy say. The top picture has a slight cut out too which looks to have been made to allow for the vr rad to fit, Ive never seen that before! Normally that area is steel on non vr's

It is cut out for the condenser.

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk