badgerman

Cup Holder Surprise

Damn... the Passat ones appear to be sided - it fits on the driver's side a lot better than the passenger side.

Anyone know if there's a RHD specific part number?

No - there only seems to be a single part number - maybe it was only ever for LHD cars - most of the cupholders I've seen seem to come from the US or Germany.

Fair enough... anyone managed to fit them to the passenger side successfully? It catches the seat bolster on mine when you slide the seat forwards. I think there's enough clearance on the driver's side, but then there are clutch change issues!

I also may have to rethink painting it beige for now - I tried using the Gliptone's colouring kit I had left over from the seats but the paint is too rubbery and just peels off.

Maybe of interest to the people who dont smoke in the car but i never use the ash tray and have been sorting out a replacement holder in my spare time when i can be arsed

Iv had the top cut already just need to make some form of tubing sorted and a base for it

Ill post up pics wen its done for all to see

Id be interested to see those picture!

Had to replace the radiator fan guide ring today - still available from VAG - as it was broken and was making a very embarassing racket when leaving the car anywhere. The fun part is doing it without removing the radiator (and bumper etc)!