ger040

Corrado g60 temp sensor

Took some advice of here about my corrado not running correctly and one advice was to change the blue temp sensor (supercharged) - i ordered the parts (inc housing) and what a big difference it made - car now idles and revs freely , fuel consumption is also reduced - just why is this sensor so important ? What exactly does it do - iam just interested to know.

The only thing now is the temp gauge on the dash does not work - is this the black sensor beside the blue sensor ? And should i replace it also

many thanks for the advice guys and no doubt i will be calling on you again as i get the car roadworthy and saving money too

Took some advice of here about my corrado not running correctly and one advice was to change the blue temp sensor (supercharged) - i ordered the parts (inc housing) and what a big difference it made - car now idles and revs freely , fuel consumption is also reduced - just why is this sensor so important ? What exactly does it do - iam just interested to know.

The only thing now is the temp gauge on the dash does not work - is this the black sensor beside the blue sensor ? And should i replace it also

many thanks for the advice guys and no doubt i will be calling on you again as i get the car roadworthy and saving money too

The Blue temp sensor (BTS) provides the ECU with the operating temperature of the engine, it adds extra fuel on start-up to compensate for the cold engine and leans out the fuelling as the engine warms up. It also provides the trigger for when the ECU starts to use the lambda probe for adjusting the fuelling. It allows the ECU to set the position of the idle stabiliser valve during start up enabling a smoother idle when cold, acceleration enrichment and finally timing advance.

If it is broken the ECU assumes a value of > 60 degrees C coolant temperature but you will not get any timing advance, acceleration enrichment or a refined idle during warm-up.

The black sensor provides the coolant temp gauge with a signal for temperature so I would try a new one of those before anything else.