Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

g60 toothed belt drive is here...

sorry about the delay but we (g-werks/pitstop) now have taken delivery of these kits.

made from high quailty hard anodised aluminum comes complete with belt / and all tensioners.

price > £370.00

I got... 8) :lol:

well, very very similar anyway.... just a different manufacturer...

Lol Henny :lol: .... sweet thou m8.. Just to add a question... this kit eliminates belt slip but what are the drawbacks? ..... Do bearings suffer as a result of no slip under load?

Lol Henny :lol: .... sweet thou m8.. Just to add a question... this kit eliminates belt slip but what are the drawbacks? ..... Do bearings suffer as a result of no slip under load?

only if you over tension the belt... :)

Drawbacks are belt life is nowhere near what the original non-toothed belt's life is... but belts are cheap, so what the hell! ;)

I suppose that the extra noise could also be taken as a drawback.... but I kinda like it, so again, what the hell! ;) :lol: :D

sweet thanx for info.... just 1 more question.

the charger tensioner is that spring n strut item which also keeps belt under tension, im assuming the later.... when fitting this kit is the original tensioner ok to be used or is there an aftermaket item required?

sweet thanx for info.... just 1 more question.

the charger tensioner is that spring n strut item which also keeps belt under tension, im assuming the later.... when fitting this kit is the original tensioner ok to be used or is there an aftermaket item required?

hello there gareth, we supply the aftermarket tensioner required for the kit all in the price. you can use the std tensioning strut be we fell its best not to have HTD on a adjustable tensioner so we have designed as solid one for use on the g60 kits....

Drawbacks are belt life is nowhere near what the original non-toothed belt's life is... but belts are cheap, so what the hell! ;)

Seriously? It looks like a regular cambelt and they last a fair old while!

Seriously? It looks like a regular cambelt and they last a fair old while!

's what I was warned when I bought the kit... :)

What are the benfits of the above kit then guys? Eeek ...quite expensive for what it is?

B

xx

if you do a serch on here there has been extensive conversations on these in the past..

Let's see some kit sorted for the charged VRs with a guide price, you mentioned about a vr kit to me before and although there are not many charged VRs yet, they are growing!

They are available on the Vortech site already, take a look & poss develope a similar kit cheaper than them there yanks :-D

Chris

Hey,G-Man,am I still on your order books for on of these kits?

Let me know and I'll pm you my details. :)

Got a nice spec'ed up car to complete tomorrow. Golf G60, shrick cam, custom front mount, supersprint manifold, big valve head, red top injectors, RS outlet, Full blend charger, boost to atmoshere, catch tank.. the list goes on.. Toothed belts going on it aswell tomorrow !!! My shinkter is twitching already as we have got to go out and set it up :D :D . Liam finished preparing the 'Bling' belt tensioners this afternoon.

Can you supply a belt long enough to allow the fitment of the kit to an O.E. 16vG60 set-up? :roll:

yes no problems at all ...