Sign in to follow this  
16vStyle

Boot Build

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my boot build I built over Christmas, was going to wait til I had the second Sub in but thats going to be a while now... :roll:

Built the rear speakers into the enclosure so you cant see any thing through Acoustic Felt on the parcel shelf. I've done it all so I can still get my spare wheel out too, was'nt really up for driving around without one! :D

Thats one fantastic looking install there mate...i too have 2x alpine amps, and one rockford sub though...

I'm either going to do mine like yours but one 12" in the middle or someway different.

got a few questions for you mate:

1. how stealthy is your install, because your shelf is no longer there, so ppl can see straight into your boot? or can they.

2.is that real leather? wanna take me through how you made it step by step? i.e what sized mdf you used and also how your amps are bolted to the sides too..

3. do you have measurements of the false floor and also the parcel shelf you have made too??

are the 6x9's run off ya head unit?

that is the best corrado install i have seen DIY wise!

Cheers!

Sanj.

Looking good chap.. now show us what else you've done to the car since CCGB woburn... :wink:

Question, are the 6x9's using the same box for the sub? or they mounted in seprate enclosures???

yeah bally

coz if they are the pressure and force from the sub will distort the right 6x9

but hey look amasing and you still have use of the boot also you have acess to the spare tyre !!! nice one...

got a few questions for you mate:

1. how stealthy is your install, because your shelf is no longer there, so ppl can see straight into your boot? or can they.

2.is that real leather? wanna take me through how you made it step by step? i.e what sized mdf you used and also how your amps are bolted to the sides too..

3. do you have measurements of the false floor and also the parcel shelf you have made too??

are the 6x9's run off ya head unit?

No, I've made a shelf to cover it all up, its gott acoustic felt over the section where the 6x9s are, so you cant see anything from outside. see pic.

Yes, it's the finest wild Buffalo hide from South Africa I had to use 3 :shock: only joking its vynil with a layer of 1/2" foam underneth to give it that padded look. The MDF was 18mm for the Sub box, and I used ply for the floor and the sides. The sides are hinged at the bottom and open with touch latches, (push to open push to close) so I can still adjust the amps.

No sorry, I haven't got any measurements anymore, cos all I did was measure it at the time then cut whatever it was to fit. The 6x9s and front components are amped through one 4 channel amp and the second ones for the sub(s), so nothings coming from the headunit. :)

Bally, yes the enclosures are seperate, seperating both the sub enclosures and 6x9s :)

Cheers 8)

some proper good stuff there...if you have any further pictures, please email them to mailto:[email protected]

I'll be doing my install in the next month or so, once its a bit warmer.

I really like the idea of your 6x9's being covered up...do you have any lights in the boot?

dubbprince, Yes it got 2 12v spots wired to the latch so light up when its open, mainly so I can see where i'm putting my tesco bags :lol:

I'll send you some more pics to your e-mail, if you need any help with yours pm me...

Cheers

Simon

Have you got some sort of ventalation for the amps? I have had loads of problems with amps overheating!!

Have you got some sort of ventalation for the amps? I have had loads of problems with amps overheating!!

No the amps have been fine so far, there is enough ventalation around them as they are not actually resting against anything. So heat can escape in all directions.. there not turned up all the way anyway..

where abouts in Bournemouth are you mate?