Sign in to follow this  
g-master

Bonnet won't open!

Just went out to check oil level etc, pulled handle for release only one side poped up tryed it a few times same thing. The other side won't release it's solid :( how can i get bonnet open with out doing any damage any ideas :?: thanks.

This has happened to me before several times. Havn't found a cure but it always seems to happen when it's very cold. Try again maybe in the afternoon?

I find mine sticks most of the time, it's the left side ( right as you try and open it) with mine. I can adjust it but it doesn't seem to last too long before I'm back to square one! Either get someone to hold the lever for you, or do what I do, hold the lever up with a roll of masking tape or similar, then, gently bounce the offending side until it 'pops up'. I consider it as my Corrado having character rather than a problem! :)

make sure both sides are closed, Get someone to pull the bonnet cord while you lean on the offending side, bouncing it slightly.

Best of luck

:D done it ! thanks all, used the masking tape trick with a extra wedge cheers colinstubbs :wink: is there any thing i can do to stop this happening again :?:

ALL problems can be resolved with the careful and proper use of high explosives... :wink: :mrgreen:

i find this happening quite a lot since i fitted my eyebrow but if it does keep sticking i just tend to keep pulling the handle softly but ensuring i make it known who the boss is, and eventually after a few goes it pops