Philuk

Ultimate Dubs Pictures!!

Nice pics but I will never understand the need to slam and stretch myself - each to their own mind :)

Most of those cars need solid bars not springs and dampers with the wheel to arch clearances!

I was speaking to one of the organisers, and he said a fair few of them had the wheels fitted after they arrived or where lowered once they where parked up as they had no chance of moving at all let alone being driven on the road.

The green caddy on rotiforms had to be shuffled forwards and backwards about 20 times as it only had about 5 degrees of steering lock :lol: and that was without having an engine fitted.

Bit like Holywood filmstars then, all fake (boobs) and looks, nothing real :lol:

Tempest

That blue MkIV in the first photo was almost comical. I've seen stretched tyres but these was just dangerous. Andy665 & I spent a while looking at those wheels in sheer disbelief. We concluded that the wheels had to have been fitted on site. Any Police officer seeing those wheels on the road would have impounded the car on the spot.

Which moves me neatly along to the other point. I utterly fail to see the point of spending shedloads of money on features like this which can only be fitted at the showground. I mean removing numberplates & stuff is ok, but this must have cost a lot of money and trouble to do these wheels. And for what? So the car can't be driven to the show safely and then you put them on and it just looks stupid. I've run cars with stretches myself in the past but this was just dangerous. At least it wasn't my money being hosed up the wall.

That blue MkIV in the first photo was almost comical. I've seen stretched tyres but these was just dangerous. Andy665 & I spent a while looking at those wheels in sheer disbelief. We concluded that the wheels had to have been fitted on site. Any Police officer seeing those wheels on the road would have impounded the car on the spot.

Which moves me neatly along to the other point. I utterly fail to see the point of spending shedloads of money on features like this which can only be fitted at the showground. I mean removing numberplates & stuff is ok, but this must have cost a lot of money and trouble to do these wheels. And for what? So the car can't be driven to the show safely and then you put them on and it just looks stupid. I've run cars with stretches myself in the past but this was just dangerous. At least it wasn't my money being hosed up the wall.

People get away with worse.

Each to their own isn't it, why do we spend money keeping 15 year old cars on the road?

Nice pics btw.

Edited by Abdul