Kempy

German Ebay Rear clusters

Humn, well given I have just fitted a set of original units to replace a pair of inpros that were on there (similar to 2nd ones down on this list but not LEDs) I can't comment.

But you can buy them off me for £40 plus the postage.. :)

I dont really like the most of them. Im not a fan of the crystal ones but the first one look alright I think

I have had in-pros, fk's and sonars on the rear over the years.

They have all ended up with moisture in them due to the way the companys bond the outside lenses on. My clear in-pros used to fill up with water.

Dirt builds up under the edges of them causing the chrome/silver paint to come off and moss to start growing which is visable as the lenses are clear. This is hard to fix as the gap is less then 1.mm.

They all have poor alignment with each other when the boot lid is shut.

On some the fixings did not line up with the holes in the boot lid (had to file the boot holes bigger)

Also the lights that are on the body of the car have no o.e.m. connectors to hook them up to the cars loom, the boot lid ones do.

All my sets have either ended up in the bin or on the bay. Oem standard or modded get my vote.

Edited by G60_Marc

Always think its a shame VW never produced a set of smoked rears like the Mk 2s; that would really help the back end look a lot more modern.

Don't know how could the smoked lamin-x type stuff is for the rear lights although there are some companies offering templates - might be worth a shot rather than a spray tint.

The 2nd ones down look OK- like FKs. Worth painting the chrome bits black. The best ones I've had were the smoked set from ARZ. Good quality- no probs with them at all. The housing is already black too, unlike the others.

The other ones are nasty! :lol:

i used lamin x gun smoke on the rear of mine looks well was easy to apply but i wish i had taken a bit more time with it and got it looking perfect. but i was eager to get rid of the awful orange indicators! the lamin x stuff is really good i found if you apply it to the flat bit of the lense (the bit you see from rear of car) then heat the corners up and stick them down working from the apex of the corner out towars the side and top then stick the sides and tops down there is no need to do relief cuts and makes it look standard! ill try get some piks of them if it helps.

I have had in-pros, fk's and sonars on the rear over the years.

They have all ended up with moisture in them due to the way the companys bond the outside lenses on. My clear in-pros used to fill up with water.

Dirt builds up under the edges of them causing the chrome/silver paint to come off and moss to start growing which is visable as the lenses are clear. This is hard to fix as the gap is less then 1.mm.

They all have poor alignment with each other when the boot lid is shut.

On some the fixings did not line up with the holes in the boot lid (had to file the boot holes bigger)

Also the lights that are on the body of the car have no o.e.m. connectors to hook them up to the cars loom, the boot lid ones do.

All my sets have either ended up in the bin or on the bay. Oem standard or modded get my vote.

Agree with you my friend oem allday