Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

Rear seats - differences

Hi all,

I've heard Corrado rear seats referred to as 'late' or 'early' type, & not interchangeable. What are the differences? & what models / years had which ?

Cheers guys.

Cheers for the reply Dazzy, presumably the Mk2 Golf type are the earlier ones (1.8 & G60) ? My 93 VR has the bucket type with centre armrest.

Cheers for the reply Dazzy, presumably the Mk2 Golf type are the earlier ones (1.8 & G60) ? My 93 VR has the bucket type with centre armrest.

Nope, all the 16V 1.8s and G60s had the armrest in the back... It was only the later 2.0 8v and 16Vs that had the bench seat and then only in some of them... :? :roll:

Mine has the bench style does that mean that the likes of a leather VR6 interior wouldnt fit?

Nope, they are interchangable... 8)

A leather interior will fit straight into yours, and yours will fit straight into a VR6... ;)

They will fit the only difference is the rear armrest is bolted to a bracket welded on the base of where the rear seats sit on. The 16v doesn't have one.

HTH