spanneredmonkey

sub enclosure

I have an old worktop/mdf enclosure in my rado boot, which is pretty mid 90's weighs a ton and sounds pretty pants, what subs are you guys using? looking for a passive box and sub to install...any recomendations

i'm running a 12" alpine type S (yes i've had it for a few years) in a box I cut down to fit better in the boot. nothing exciting and useless info, but you looked lonely on this thread!

Same here, got a 12" with box in the boot. It kinda just sits there taking up about 1/3 of the space.

You could try to find an Audioscape sub box, which is molded to the shape of the nearside. I have one but would want a lot of money for it as they are not made any more and are never up for sale either.

I run a 10" with a custom box cut to the angle of the back seat. I used to run a 12" but they just take up too much space. I've even considered 2 x 8", in a custom triangular wedge to run across the back edge of the boot.

Cheers guys, I found an edge passive sub enclosure, that fits on the right hand side of the spare wheel bulge, and only 1/4 of what it's worth due to the incompetence of the shelf monkeys in halfrauds, at last I have some boot back and ain't hauling a massive hunk of 90's worktop around :-)

im running a custom fiberglass sealed enclosure with a dual voice coil 12" that has been mounted to the driver side wheel well in the boot

Looking for a similar solution to OP. Any pics guys of what you have? I like the idea of the audioscape boot unit so pics of it would also be useful.