Swompy

5p off a liter of petrol at sainsbury's

Thought I would give you guy a heads up.

If you spend £50 in store you get 5p off a liter of petrol at the pumps. It's on for 2 weeks and the coupon lasts for 14 days

:D

Ya I work for sainsburys and have to put all the advertising out for it. I usually get a couple of days notice about it but didn't this time for some reason.

Other wise you would of know yesterday.

Do tesco do super tho mate

yeah they sure do, has a higher octane level than sainsburys too (99 RON not 98 Ron)

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

infact i think the only higher octane you can get in the uk is BP ultimate at 102 RON (http://www.petrolprices.com/about-fuel.html)

I thought BP ultimate was 98 RON and Shell Vpower was 99 RON?

BP did do a 102 RON not too long ago but it was discontinued. http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=6621&contentId=7060376

If that's the case then Tesco has the cheapest and highest octane fuel in the country! even more reason to shop there...

sorry I have nothing against sainsbury's... just being honest!

Interesting, as Vpower is costing me 141.9 at the local, i'll have to investigate my nearest tesco's.

If it's any help.... I pay £1.30.9 for standard stuff and £1.35.9 for the tesco Momentum99 so just add 5p onto your standard supermarket fuel price an you wont be far wrong.

ALSO... If you do that spend £50 and get 5p off thing... I'll get it for the same price as standard fuel. This offer at Sainsbury's and Tesco really is worth getting

So you have to spend £50 to save £3. You'll probably end up spending £3 extra driving to the other supermarket as it has cheap fuel.

So you have to spend £50 to save £3. You'll probably end up spending £3 extra driving to the other supermarket as it has cheap fuel.

That's a little harsh... I do my shopping in Tesco, every two or three weeks spend maybe £50-60 on food and other things. If I do then I get 5p off per litre. I don't go out of my way to spend £50 in order to get the 5p off.... It's just nice to know.

Also, I'm lucky that my closest shop is tesco so it's not like i'm spending any more driving miles to do my shopping.

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Tried to put a wink smiley on that post but my smilies arent working for some reason. It just reminded me of a bloke I used to know who would do a 10mile round trip to a garage in another town as it was a couple of pence cheaper fuel.

Oh and how do you get the smilies back on?

Tried to put a wink smiley on that post but my smilies arent working for some reason. It just reminded me of a bloke I used to know who would do a 10mile round trip to a garage in another town as it was a couple of pence cheaper fuel.

Oh and how do you get the smilies back on?

Sorry not topic related but yes where the bloody hell have the smiles gone !! SMILIE - confused yellow fella shrugging his shoulders - SMILIE

Sorry not topic related but yes where the bloody hell have the smiles gone !! SMILIE - confused yellow fella shrugging his shoulders - SMILIE

Go advanced, bottom right:scratch::cheers::p

They must be raping us round hull at the min then used to be one of the cheapest places in britain for fuel now i was paying 1.47 for super at my local garage !!!

Go advanced, bottom right:scratch::cheers::p

Yeah I have done that but I cant see where the options are.......I can see the 'new modern' smiles but I can only add these to the heading, but I cant see the old ones...!!

:scratch::dance::bonk::awesome: Underneath the triple column rhere's a [more] bit with loads of the little buggers. :confused4::agrue::fondle::angel::study::evilbat::flower:

This is starting to really annoy me now, I have no idea what your talking about.....what triple column what more tab !!!!!!!!!!! aaaaarrrhhhhh

I wish Tesco did gas, I'm sick of paying an inflated 66.9p a litre, 5p off would be great! :p

You are lucky- down here in deepest darkest, middle of nowhere gas is 0.78p .

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

This is starting to really annoy me now, I have no idea what your talking about.....what triple column what more tab !!!!!!!!!!! aaaaarrrhhhhh

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :lol:

You can type it in to the window

eg. : ) = :)

or you can use the smiles in advanced veiw. They should be on the right hand side of the box you write your txt into. Just click the one you wont to use :bonk:

ok so clearly something wrong with my account as I have no smiles to the right of text box.

Last off topic clog....apologies.

:)