carrots

having a nightmare doing heater matrix

as per title,ive just had to leave car a bit to de stress,.i am doing my matrix the 3 hour way without takeing the dash out.can i get it back together can i hell.think i might have to take dash out.

What won't go back together? I took the dash out for mine. Took a while + you have to label everything, but it makes it easy when you have to reassemble.

It is possible but it is a Ba$tard! Look on the bright side you're not doing it on a couple of December evenings with a maglite in your mouth ;-)

i cant get the heater in proper its most prob stuck on foam and wires.its a nasty job.cant see how clocks come out ive un done screws

Take the dash out mate. It'll all go straight back in, and at least you can see what you're doing. Clocks are easy, just 6 screws IIRC. Drop the steering wheel to it's lowest point. 2 screws on the bottom corners under the little covers (if you still have them) + 2 screws in the top/under part of the surround. When the surround is out, think there are just 2 more either side.

ive managed to get it back in without taking the dash out,going to finnsh putting it back together tommorow.what a nasty job

I did mine with the dash out (it was out anyway). I couldn't see how it was possible to do it without removing the dash. Having seen it there is no way for any amount of money I would attempt to do it without removing it. Good luck though ;-)

I couldn't see how it was possible to do it without removing the dash. Having seen it there is no way for any amount of money I would attempt to do it without removing it. Good luck though ;-)

+1

did mine without removing the dash took about two hours to get out in an back together again... i am double jointed tho! haha rekon i could do it much quicker having done it once now,

What a welcome to the world of corrados tho this week heater matrix last week was the rear beam bushes... any other horrible jobs i need to do next? lol

mines done now,took me longer than 2 hours tho but i was drinking export the same time lol.i done my head couple off weeks ago

Well done mate. I know that you've a bit of a nightmare with your Corrado since you bought it. At least you can now cross this of you're things to do list.