There has been one parked up near my office for the last 2 days now, first and only one I have seen here (I knew nothing of them until seeing it) it is in S-Line flavour, in a sexy blue colour - similar to:

audi_a1_sm.jpg

I have no idea how they are percived in the UK but I have to say I'm impressed, what a cool little car, a proper hot hatch, which I'm guessing will have a sorted interior - no need to look to Ibizas anymore for a small hot hatch in the VAG range, even looks smaller than the Polo to me. OK, no doubt there is a big difference in the price tag but I think they will be worth paying a bit extra for. I like it.

I really rate the A1. My friend got one when they first come out and its grown on me alot!! She has a 1.2 TFSI S Line model in white and it look really cool. Interior wise its spot on too :)

She has a 1.2 TFSI S Line model in white and it look really cool. Interior wise its spot on too :)

I think thats sums it up. Its a Mini / Clio alternative for the fairer sex. I dont like them myself, loads going about in Aberdeen and as with any Audi these days you do pay a premium.

Seen a few around recently, not driven one but they look tidy... except from behind; Not keen on the rear-end.

424B33825CEC3C5AB66D34606B20C5.jpg

Though it can be improved!

2859500_f520.jpg

One passed me on the motorway today, I too thought it was quite ugly from the back. Girl driving!

I knew it'd attract the 'good for the missus / a girl' comments. Why is that? Can a fella not drive a small hot hatch anymore? I bet it could be more nimble than a Mk5 Golf, and with the right tuning have a better power to weight ratio than the Mk5 Gti too, making it potentially a hoot on a twisty B or track.

I knew it'd attract the 'good for the missus / a girl' comments. Why is that?

Because we all now girls choose their cars based on the colours available?

(only kidding ladies)