G60MAT

438 mile road trip! Back in a Satin Silver VR6 - OEM & Recaro content...

After selling my Satin Silver VR6 back in April 2009, I vowed I'd always have another! I kept tabs on my old one as it appeared on Fifth Gear, then changed hands from buyer James a few times - I even saw it blast past on the roundabout in March 2010 at Ultimate Dubs! Then it finally arrived in the safe hands of Rob (rsgntx) who has done great things with it!

So onto the new purchase! As we have all done I spent months on all the forums and sales sites, never quite seeing what I was after, then my best mate suggested he might be interested in going in on the car, now the hunt was on! Finally a late Satin Silver VR6 appeared in South Wales – well over 200 miles away. After weeks of chasing info on the car we finally bit the bullet and set off on the roadtrip, we even managed zero traffic jams and amazing sunshine all day too!

We had 2 options = 1) It’s a dog walk away. 2) It’s as good we thought and drive it straight back to Manchester! = We drove it straight back! ;)

CorradoVR61.jpg

CorradoVR62.jpg

CorradoVR63.jpg

It never missed a beat on the way back it even kept up pretty well with the R32! The car is in great condition, just 98K, full service history, every bill, every tax disc, both keys and a great spec!

The car was registered on 30th November 1994 at Parker & Parker VW Main Dealer in Cumbria, before moving down to Kent in early 1999 passing through a couple of owners before moving to South Wales in 2009 where it stayed until 2 weeks ago!

The car has since pretty much sat on the drive since, but the parts collecting has already started! - Coilovers Wanted!

It seemed only fair to use the Bank Holiday sunshine to start cleaning up and have a look at what we’ve bought. Gave it a damn good clean with Meguiars Gold Class, the ever drastic Wonder Wheels, Bug Remover and a tonne of glass cleaner, so here’s what it looks like so far…

CorradoVR6011.jpg

CorradoVR6013.jpg

CorradoVR6014.jpg

CorradoVR6015.jpg

CorradoVR6016.jpg

CorradoVR6018.jpg

CorradoVR6019.jpg

The interior is mint but still needs a full clean, may even take all the seats out and do it properly!

Next jobs are a full service from my mate Caine (ex Awesome & PSI) then decent coilovers and new wheels, plus plenty more parts gathering! :)

Edited by G60MAT

Tres bien VR6 you have there. The Recaros are rather pleasing to the eye to boot.

Another Corrado in the North west. Hoorah !

Is this the auto one? Pretty sure this one was for sale when I was looking a month or so ago. It was this or the one in Cornwall, good choice as the one in Cornwall was a dog.

Satin silvers always surprise me! If you ever want to sell those RX's then I'd be very interested. PM'd about that anyway

Nice one, I've seen that car a few times my mate lived further up the street from the seller. Looked mint to the point I was thinking about it for a seat swap and sell on lol.

Enjoy!

Very nice the only thing that put me off it about 2 and a half years ago when it was for sale was the auto box,I was so tempted to fly down to Cardiff at the time!!

It is a lovely Corrado and in fantastic condition electric Recaros a real bonus!!

Welcome to the Satin Silver club again !!

Edited by too hot

Thanks for all the comments guys, got a few more ideas at Elsecar Show today, so work starts on the interior this week! :)

Picked up my new wheels on Friday...

AzevAS002.jpg

They have of course since had a full clean and look great, but are going in for a full refurb and new tyres next week! :)

Then put some time in yesterday on the first clean of the interior...

Recaro002.jpg

Recaro001.jpg

Recaro004.jpg

Recaro005.jpg

Recaro006.jpg

Recaro009.jpg

Recaro011.jpg

All in well pleased, I'm going to go over certain bits again and its having a seat out pro valet in a couple of weeks, but it looks mint! :)

Edited by G60MAT

To be honest we were pretty unsure about the Auto before buying it, but after driving it a bit, its great fun and pulls like hell! ;) So for now its staying whilst we do other jobs to bring it up to scratch!

The pics don't really do it justice, the light was going last night, its pretty much all crisp black :)

Quick progress update...

Coilovers ordered from Reuben at TuningWerkes yesterday, wheels dropped off for full refurb, and car has gone in for a full service today. Should get wheels and car back tomorrow, so a few days to get them all fitted and hopefully make it to All Types on Sunday! ;)

Service all done - had full engine flush and all new fluids, changed all the service parts. Its thrown up a few issues we pretty much knew about, mostly brakes are **** poor due to lack of use, suspension and bushes are shot. :(

Coilovers are already on the way and now picking up a fully polybush kit. Have decided to do it properly and build up a full new rear end and pull all the brakes off the car – now looking at a full TT Mk1 upgrade. ;)

No chance for All Types now, got a few other minor points to sort, so will get it all done over next few weeks and bring to DC/Inters.

On a plus point wheels should be ready later!

Sounds like good planning Matt! Look forward to seeing it!!! Be interesting in the details on the new rear end...

Id go with a 288mm front set up over the 312mm. It will allow you to run the standard wheels if you need to and there isnt a massive difference in stopping power.

Id go with a 288mm front set up over the 312mm. It will allow you to run the standard wheels if you need to and there isnt a massive difference in stopping power.

I would agree with coullstar 288mm otherwise you'll need 17"