Mike2006

Best intercooler for a G60?

Just get a chargecooler.

Easier to fit, more stable temps and by the time you hack the car apart trying to fit a larger FMIC style intercooler you will have spent around the same money.

Eerrr, to give another perspective, Golf G60 intercooler and pipework. No hacking at all needed, and it looks factory. Definately easier than needing an extra rad, and pump, and water supply, and making up pipework.

golf G60 intercoolers go for a lot of money though!

regards to the oil cooler ive been looking at a seller on ebay called "matt lewis racing". he does kits which are mocal coolers with standard sandwich plate for £130 all in:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLF-GTI-CORRADO-16V-G60-SCIROCCO-ENGINE-OIL-COOLER-KIT-/150594984618?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2310291aaa

you can change the bits and get braided hoses, thermal sandwich plate and for an extra £30. been meaning to ring them and see if they are willing to do a group buy and then see if anyone else was interested?

ive been looking at these on bartek but dont think i can justify the money:

http://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/lshop,showdetail,31599,en,1303758028-31646,tuning.1080551703,2160018,137,Tshowrub--tuning.1080551703,.htm

Yes plenty of choice but the euros clock up pretty quick. Maybe I should leave the oil cooler kit and just focus on the primary upgrade which is the intercooler.

Thanks guys.

Any links to some reading material or projects using chargecoolers?

I was also looking at this from Bartek >>>

>>Bartek

Look at my G60 thread, link in the sig below, page 10.