Pete

Stretched to hell!

Had my car serviced and a new tyre fitted earlier as I'm taking her on a 5 day trip around france, switzerland and germany.

Chatting to a tidy chap in the tyre place getting some 165s fitted to 7J rims. The results were insane the pics don't do it justice. Even the boys in the tyre shop were laughing and saying he's mad!

I still can't understand this craze at all. Even if it looks better (not imo) you've got skinnier tyres, worse handling, more chance of kerbing wheels and it's pretty sketchy

I cant help but think your insurance claim would be out the window if you ever had an accident. They will do anything not to pay out nowadays.

i cannot understand why people put that much stretch on a wheel that has no purpose for it. It always reminds me of the pink corrado that had stupid stretch for no purpose except to have stretch. I can understand putting stretch on wide wheels to fit the tyre under the arch but sometimes people should just say "it won't fit, lets just get a thinner wheel" or better offset lol!

Terrible wheels and horrendously unsafe. It's a winning combination. The guy asking for that must have a brain the size of an acorn.

:lol: poor lad.

stretch has never done anything for me either, but each to there own.

post up on e38 and there will be a queue formed to lick your ring clean.

post up on e38 and there will be a queue formed to lick your ring clean.

Is it free to join?

Sh*t wheels, sh*t stance.

Stretch to an extent is awesome. Some of the best rado's out there run stretch and tbh ive never heard of anything dangerous happening. I used to drive my valver like it was a white van and had stretchy tyres with no probs. Only thing i can possible think of is stone chips to the lips.

:lol:

crap picture, but i spotted one when we had to see the midwife a few weeks ago!!!

I think he'd actually painted the wheels by hand (maybe with a brush).

To be honest he wsa a really nice kid, but the chaps in the tyre shop shouldn't have done it.

One of them said forget pot holes, if you take a corner too fast you could well rip the tyre off the rim!

That tyre would never come off that rim and if it did he'd be driving WAY too fast round said corner with low tyre pressures. If you do it you've gotta take some precaution, as long as you do its fine.