okcid

D&G Auto Tech no longer doing G60 live maps........

As above guys...

Spoke to them today and they have adv the business partner who was doing this has left. :(

Was planning on getting my car mapped with then as i don't think their will be a good generic chip for my set up.... or is there???

Set up as follows

stage 4 charger

65mm pully

rsr

forge FMIC

Head work

1.9 bottom end

4 branch

full stainless system

mocal oilcooler

schrick 276 cam

red top injectors

3.5bar fpr

Is there anyone else who can map my car accordingly that people are willing to recommend? I am in the South West but willing to travel a bit if need be.

Thanks

Maps are best tailored to each car. Even if the specs are the same, engines between cars will be slightly different and it's worth spending the time on getting it mapped properly.

Yep my thoughts exactly.

I've never been a huge fan of generic maps, any recommendations for me?

Theres a lad in leics that does live mapping, i only know of him through a friend so will have an ask for you adam.

But agreed jabbasport are more than capable.

Sorry i missed your call mate, im at work. Will bell you about 3.

Has one of the main guys left then or just someone who does the mapping?

Dave has left, it is now just Graham on his own.

Ian.

Yeh, Dave still does some mapping, subject to availability. Maybe worth giving Dave a shout...

cheers Jim, yeah let me know if the funds are there yet when you get a chance. Will bung you another £20 for the solid front mount in the mean time. :)

Jabba said they'd want my car for the whole day and would be in the region of £450 :shrug:

They have said they are one of the only ones that they know of that have the emulators to live map.

G-werks advised they can do it, around the £250 mark :scratch:

Wouldn't everyone just use a base chip most suited to my set up and then fine tune the rest of it before burning a final copy.

Am i missing something about this emulator stuff?

no funds yet, but my bank is being odd trying to move money into savings and it says i have insufficient funds even though its there!?

sound, a few quid for post would be much appreciated too.

i think a carefully worded pm to crazydave (think thats him?) would be my starting point.

all done mate, will be another 2x £20 coming to you. (Forgot bout postage that why two lots of £20, lol)

one for the mount and another for postage, that alright?

Ok i'll see if i can get hold of Crazy dave.

Will prob still be another 6-8 weeks before all done but want to know where i am taking it so i can rest my crazy mind.

i go to bed thinking about injectors/cams/sensors!......yes i know, i've got issues!

The GF asked me what i was thinking about last night as i "looked confused"?

Like i was going to tell her i was thinking about the flow rate of different injectors!

emulaters to live map is pretty good to have.just means they can adjust the map on the fly(while the car is running) as opposed to taking ecu out,opening it up,insert chip,put it back together,run the car,test it,take ecu out again......etc

Much faster and practical.

so why they need ur car for a whole day if they have this software?sounds like theyre trying to justify charging you £450 which i think is a rip off.

Im not dissing jabba,im just trying to understand why they charge so much?

I would have thought that G-Werks would be good guys to deal with. After all, this is what they're known for. If they can't do it themselves, I'd happily take their advice as to where is best. You could also enquire at The Phirm for another opinion. I don't know whether Tim can remap G60's, but he too will almost certainly know someone he'd recommend who can...

HTH.

thanks guys, some good comments.

dannyboy - this is my point exactly about jabba. Not sure why they need it for the whole day and £450 is alot of dollar.

although i do like the idea that they can fine tune the car without having to take the ecu apart repeatedly to change maps on the chip chazard.

Ohhhh, i don't know what to do...lol

Don't bother with g werks. Chip wizards have a good rep if you can get hold of them. Jabba have rollers in their workshop to map properly.

emulaters to live map is pretty good to have.just means they can adjust the map on the fly(while the car is running) as opposed to taking ecu out,opening it up,insert chip,put it back together,run the car,test it,take ecu out again......etc

Much faster and practical.

I had a questionable "tailored" chip from a reputable G60 tuner, which was way too lean up to the point of the charger going on boost, and then it just dumped loads fuel, surprised the engine survived. Thankfully DG Autotech on recommendation by JMR came to the rescue. Emulator route is definitely the best, had mine done by Dave - awesome map - smooth power delivery, car goes like a rocket!.

Edited by markg60

so is there anyone else that has the emulator tech apart from Jabba that come recommended?

expensive to develop them emulators so id like to think that only the big companies would have them but it would be very nice to get my hands on them.Could self-map after designing a loom on a set of rollers.

I can only dream ;)

expensive to develop them emulators so id like to think that only the big companies would have them but it would be very nice to get my hands on them.Could self-map after designing a loom on a set of rollers.

I can only dream ;)

It is possible to tune a G60 with an emulator yourself and burn your own chips for less than £300. You can also have switchable maps using the 2Timer plugin board.

Info taken from ecuconnections com:

Brendon Small:

I figured I'd put together a list of the hardware that I use to tune digifant-1, for anyone out there interested in getting started. I've purchased everything from http://www.xenocron.com, who are the primary distributor for http://www.moates.net products. They have amazing customer service and very fast shipping. I've always received my tracking number within hours of placing my order. I also use these tools to chip OBD0 and OBD1 Honda vehicles, and again...xenocron is the place to order IMO.

I use the Moates.net Ostrich 2.0 emulator:

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=169

This plugs into the 28-pin chip socket and allows me to upload the bin file directly in to it. This way, I can tune in realtime, since changes made to the bin file are uploaded directly to the working file.

For chip burning, I use the Moates.net BURN2:

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=197

The software it uses is very user-friendly, and automatically offsets the burn if you're using a larger capacity chip vs. the size of the file. I use 64kb chips, so I can upload two bins to a single eeprom.

For bin switching/stacking, I use the Moates.net 2Timer:

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=80

This allows me to switch from one file to the next with a dash-mounted switch. I'll be running high octane and low octane maps with this little gem, although I could set it up for a valet mode or anti-theft if I wished.

I use the SST 27SF512 chips for my tuning:

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=39

They work great, and are re-burnable with the BURN2.

The tuning software I use is TunerPro RT:

http://www.tunerpro.net/

With the proper XDF file, it makes chiptuning very easy. I have uploaded the xdf I use for digifant-1 in the appropriate forum here, with the necessary disclaimers of course .

http://www.moates.net has some very interesting products for chiptuning...give the site a check and see. An emulator isn't necessary, but it does make life easier. They also have remote chip sockets, which makes G60 chipping a LOT simpler, since there is no need to dismantle the ecu every time.

Custom Mapping Digifant 1 with tunerpro

Brendon Small there has made an XDF file for TunerPro RT for the G60 eprom (chip). Ive been playing with TunerPro RT and a selection on different G60 eproms this weekend using his XDF file and might get an emulator to fiddle about with at some point.

Edited by G60_Marc

nice one mark,im diffo going to have a look. But im spilt between 1.8t conversion,G60 turbo or aftermarket ecu for g60 with wideband,large injectors...etc

just weighing them one against the other,im not a impulse buyer,i have to study

i'm a little bit the same. I've got a lot more i want to do to the G but think i might tackle a TFSI conversion next.

This above sounds very interesting but i wouldn't trust my self to be able to do the best job possible.

i can't imagine this route would be anywhere as comprehensive as taking the car to Jabba for tuning on their R/R, even if they do want to charge the earth lol.