VR6Rado

How much for VAG VR6 exhaust?

It's not that bad a price when you consider that late ninties prices for parts & fitting was about £800 at the dealers if you take inflation into account. That £788 looks a good price for OEM fitted.

Got my (new ex dealer) spare for £75 at GTi Inters 4 years ago. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it lying on the grass. Then when the trader said his price, I was stumped. At first I thought I misheard, but no. Only just fitted in the car to bring it home.

They do last for well in excess of 100k and 15+ years so whilst the exhaust system is expensive it is unlikely that most folks will ever need to replace them again.

Got a VW one to go back on the G60 as the Jetex (for me anyway) does not fit correctly and is too noisy.

They do last for well in excess of 100k and 15+ years so whilst the exhaust system is expensive it is unlikely that most folks will ever need to replace them again.

QUOTE]

But will the rest of the car last another 15 years?

All

Thanks for the advice. As an update to this, I've decided to stump up the readies and buy a VAG exhaust. Will let you know how the fitment goes!

Cheers for your help

Paul

Update - the work on my car is almost finished, hope to pick it up on Wednesday. For those of you considering a completely standard vr6 VAG exhaust, not good news, the front section with the first box in it is now obsolete, so my garage made up a straight thru' section for me. Will let you know how it is when I get it! Centre and rear boxes look great though :-) Have taken some photos today, will post once I figure out how!

Interesting, you will be one of not many here to have a new standard exhaust fitted !!

got my jetex fitted last year, very happy with it but would have loved a standard one.

Get the pictures up fella !!

Here are a couple of photos...

1st one is the new tailpipe and rear box - box looks shiny enough but the pipe needs a clean! 2nd photo is of the new front straight thru' front section, will be interested to hear what difference in performance / sound if any only two boxes makes, given I was aiming to stay completely standard! For some reason, I can't get the photo of the "suitcase" to load up.