Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

closure problems

what colour is the central locking activater wire on the drivers side door and what colour is the full closure (hold key in lock thing) for the electrics as my alarm is activing but not locking the doors so i'm thinking these could be a t fault, the alarm is an autowatch and was only installed recently by the previous owner (not himself but somewhere he took it to be installed,if u know what i mean)

thanks Bobby :D

Central Door Locking Type Multipoint Positive

Lock Wire : RED/YELLOW WIRE IN O/S/F DOOR HARNESS.

Unlock wire : RED/BLACK WIRE IN O/S/F DOOR HARNESS.

CDL Notes TOTAL CLOSURE WIRE IS LOCK WIRE

Most autowatch systems use a seperate wire for window closure (often gray) which would need to run through a relay to close corrado windows.

Hope this helps.

ok so the closure runs on the live being extended when the doors are locked as my windows don't close when i hold the key in the handle lock anyway? so what colour do i need to look for that comes from the alarm, orange?? thanks for the help so far :mrgreen:

now thats a good question for some reason i remember r106i or al06i or maybe nothing like that :oops: , i can't remember it totally to tell the truth but i'll find out when i get home mate and get back to you. are u an epxert in this field? it stops the fuel pump from coming on if that helps but i bet most do that.thanks :mrgreen:

r106i or al06i

160RLi maybe

The total close wire on a 160RLi is gray, but it needs to go through a relay to convert it from -ive to +ive.

ok so the closure runs on the live being extended when the doors are locked as my windows don't close when i hold the key in the handle lock anyway?

The windows should close when you hold the key over on all corrados! That might be your problem. Did the alarm ever close the locking?

Try holding the key over in the passenger door, to make sure the closure is working at all. Could be the locking pulse needs extending.

My MK3 Golf still shuts the windows and roof, even though the key doesn't work them from the drivers door.

Gavin

yeah thats the one soundsalarming, (this guy know his stuff 8) ) so where can i get a relay to do this and what do i ask for, since i bought the car the alarm has never done the locking. :( . So what i do is get this relay link the grey from the alarm to it and then link the red/yellow or to the red/black or something else for the windows? Yeah gavin i'll try doing it from the passenger side and see what happens. thanks fellas much appreciated Bobby :mrgreen:

You need an AutoWatch CL65 relay.

There are two ways to connect it depending on how confident you are with electrics.

The easier way (and to be fair this is how most alarm fitters do it). Follow the instructions that come with the CL65 but use the gray wire for the lock pulse instead of the brown. Connect the relay to the car at the wiring loom coming out of the drivers door.

The proper way (this is how vw dealers do it). Follow the CL65 instructions but use the gray instead of the brown wire. Connect the relay to the car close to the locking pump. Fit a blocking diode in the red/yellow wire between the your connection and the drivers door. By doing it this way it stops the windows opening when you disarm the alarm (a common problem on all vw's of this age)

You should be able to get a CL65 and a blocking diode from any AutoWatch dealer but if you get any problems let me know and I will send you them with a fitting diagram.

Hope that made sense. Let me know

ok thanks a lot that was very helpful :D , i stripped back some of the wiring coming for the alarm module and located the grey wire which has been cut down near the module, i'll see if i can get hold of this cl65 relay if not i'll be in contact mate. the way i though it worked was the alarm sends a pulse through the the grey wire (when activated or de activated) this is attached to a relay that switches from positive to negative each time its pulsed then this relay has an output that attaches to the closure wire that closes everything, have i lost the plot? :roll: could i get the relay from any electrical place like maplins or does it need to be that specific one? thanks again Bobby :mrgreen:

Your sort of right. The alarm has seperate lock and unlock wires so you'll need two relays (standard 12v switching relays will do).

For the locking relay connect :

PIN 86 : +ive

PIN 30 : +ive

PIN 85 : To gray wire from alarm

PIN 87 : To vehicle lock wire (red/yellow)

For the unlock relay connect :

PIN 86 : +ive

PIN 30 : +ive

PIN 85 : Brown wire from alarm (this wire is like speaker wire coming from the alarm cut and insulate the brown white side)

PIN 87 : To vehicle unlock wire (Red/Black)

Two relays will do the same job as a CL65 unit but it wont be as neat. For an extra few quid its worth going for the AutoWatch unit

Ive added them to my web site if you want to see one HERE

Try holding the key over in the passenger door, to make sure the closure is working at all. Could be the locking pulse needs extending.

My MK3 Golf still shuts the windows and roof, even though the key doesn't work them from the drivers door.

Gavin

Hi chaps,

Fresh from fixing my sunroof, my attention now turns to the central locking - I have the following two problems:

1) Old problem - didn't know there might be a solution...

With sunroof back and both windows open, the total closure doesn't close all three completely on the alarm fob. Sunroof stops short. Is this to do with the 'locking pulse' time being too short? How can it be extended? This would be a massive help!

My alarm is the original vw dealer fit thing ('Quantum'?) - fob is black, rectangular, 1.25" x 2" and has two square buttons, left one does the locking/unlocking and right one is a 'panic' button.

2) More recent problem is that the driver's side locking/window closing function has stopped working.

If I lock the car with the alarm fob, central locking works as normal, plus alarm armed etc. If I use the key, I no longer have central locking - only the driver's door lock pin goes up/down, plus holding key in 'locking' position no longer activates total closure function to finish off the job when the locking pulse pulls up short.

At the moment I have to lock the car twice with the fob to achieve total closure! Cack!

All help greatfully received!

George.

1) dunno, sorry...

2) unscrew the drivers side lock pull slightly (the knob you use inside the car to lock/unlock the car) Odds are that it's too far down the thread and stopping the lock turning fully... 8)

Quite bizarre all these Full closure issues. It's about the only thing about my Clifford that works consistently and works well.

I can *guarantee* if the original FC and alarm intercepted and controlled FC doesn't work, someone somewhere has fecked up the wiring.