Pat_McCrotch

Should I buy another Corrado?

Last week I was at a friends BBQ and he has literally just moved into his first house and this was the first time I had ever been there. Imagine my suprise when the house two doors down has a rather tatty looking white 16v on a H plate (with G60 BBS wheels) parked in the corner under a tree. The car to be honest is in a real state with rust patches in a few random places but nothing that it would fail an MOT on and it appears solid. I jokingly asked if it was for sale and another next door neighbour said they were looking to sell. I have now been given her number to contact her.

The car definitely has no tax but i'm not sure if it has an MOT but was told it was being used up until a couple of months ago. To be honest I think they may be looking to just get it off their drive but I could either use it as a daily whilst the VR6 gets some paintwork done, paint it matt-black with rattle cans and turn it into a track car or break it for parts. Not much of it would be any good to me as it's all pre-facelift though. I reckon the shell has got at least another two years life left before it's completely rotten.

Anyone reckon it's worth a punt? If even to save it going straight to a scrappy? What do you think I should offer? £300?

Edited by Pat_McCrotch

yeh sure worth a punt, but i reckon you're a stickler for detail and it'll end up turning into a project!

Sounds like its worth taking the chance on it mate, go for £200 first :thumbleft:.

Just offer to take it away for her:thumbleft:

Now thats my kind of pricing right there! Ignore my price above and go with this :shades:

LOL, what i'll probably do is offer her £300 if she puts 6 months tax on it. That way I can drive it away with an MOT booking.

6 months tax = £110. So a Corrado for £190 ;)