dragon green

48 to the gallon

I got a lead foot, so I have never seen high 30s MPG in my VR6, until last night when I had to do a 70-mile trip and as I wasn’t in a hurry, I decided to settle to a gentle 60mph cruise (except a couple of short bursts at 120mph cos I got bored!) :) and managed 37mpg for the whole trip. It even got to as high as 37.6 at one point. Not bad for a 17 year-old motor!

For reference, year one of my ownership, the car managed 25.04 mpg (7,910 miles, with not much urban driving) and so far two months into year two (1,312 miles) it manages 29.78 mpg. Total overall MPG 25.62 (9222 miles).

I had 34.9 tonight on the commute of 24 miles. This was the full mix - motorway, stop/start town, 70mph, 50 mph, 40mph. At one point it was reading 38.2. Recently had new front bearings and have seen an increase of about 2mpg on my commute. Still will have to drive to the moon and back to get any payback. Ha ha

Care to try and figure out my (low?) mpg in the Fabia Mr Haywire?

are you going off known quantities or the mpg on the read out?

most 3 cylinders seem to be pretty bad on motorway runs from what ive gathered. but 50mpg is nothing to turn your nose up at, im sure the datsun does a few less :lol: