Andy G-iR

new/old shape

keep hearin bout new and old shape 'rado's but dont know the difference probs jus bein thick anyone care to enlighten me?

The wings and bonnet are different between the early and late corrados. The later wings have a slightly bigger arch. The crease that runs up the middle of the bonnet will be indented on an early bonnet but raised on a late. When replacing panels they will not line up properly if putting the wrong one on i.e late on an early. The interior also has differences on the dash, the heater controls on an early corrado are a sliding bar whereas on a late they are circular. The switches also have a different design.

Check this link, there is a word document listing the differences http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?3507-Spot-the-difference-early-and-late-C-s

Edited by jack

In the 'History' section of the Corrado Club of Great Britain website, it says there were some cosmetic changes in 1992:

"In 1992 a number of transformations took place, early in the year the seven slat grill was replaced with a four slat version and the 1.8-16v was replaced by the 2.0-16v. The front wings were widened slightly, the bonnet grew a "bulge" in the middle & the bumper design was altered."

I'm still new to these cars myself though, dunno if there were ever more changes than that.

As what Jack says really. The difference on the exterior arent really noticeable. The only one you'd be easily be able to tell is the bonnet. Hence why you have to be careful when buying panels for your car.

The fogs/indicator section is usually a clue as to early/late as well.

Not necessarily a early/late defining 'feature' but early door handles are totally flush whereas late have a raised lip around the lock barrel.

There are loads of little changes here and there and no particular cut-off date either. So there are some complete mongrel cars out there in terms of genetic makeup.

Yep, i own a mongrel. Late exterior with early interior. Though im thinking i prefer the early bonnet and grill so may do a little swap and make my C even more mis-matched!

I can only think it stops the key slipping/marking the door handle unnecessarily.

Yep, i own a mongrel. Late exterior with early interior. Though im thinking i prefer the early bonnet and grill so may do a little swap and make my C even more mis-matched!

this dasn't mean that your c is mongreal. exterior changed from 08/1991 when the first vr6es and 2.0 16v coming and and they stop to build 1.8 16v , interior get change from 08/1992. the other thing is that the last g60es, i mine after 08/1991 wos build with

new exterior and old interior the same way like first vr6es and 2.0 16ves but from 08/1992 all had new type exte. and interior and they stop build g60 and availible were only 2.0 16v and vr6 , 2.0 8v caming from 1994.

so if your one was build beetwen 08/1991 and 08/1992 and has vr, 2.0 16v or g60 everything is right and like it supose to be

that is it

Do we know what year the latter raised door handles were introduced ? As I have early interior,late exterior and early handles !

This jus f#ck up my g60 from german got rise bonnet siding heater controls cream leather seats door cards and abs other little gizmos mine made in 1990 So is late or early

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Forgot say got the huge arches to like bit of early/late

Do we know what year the latter raised door handles were introduced ? As I have early interior,late exterior and early handles !

new type handles came from 08/1991

This jus f#ck up my g60 from german got rise bonnet siding heater controls cream leather seats door cards and abs other little gizmos mine made in 1990 So is late or early

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Forgot say got the huge arches to like bit of early/late

Early. A previous owner will have changed the bonnet ;)