Sign in to follow this  
DEL VR6

has anyone changed their side indicators / repdaters?

I believe you can change them for oval shapes, and coloured ones etc,

Was wondering if anyone has done this small mod, and got pictures of it.

I think the originals are nice and do the job fine, they just look a bit dated.

pics please.

VR6 (tom) has clear ones I believe.

he got them from Halfords, and apparantly they fit better than the originals

I got some clear ones from Halford too, weren't hard to fit, just don't forget to fit the orange bulbs... :wink:

their the same shape as the OE ones BTW... hate the oval ones! :p

i changed to green ones to match the colour of the car got them off ebay for £2.50 inc orange bulbs

they look good from a distance but right close up they look like £2.50's worth

but better than my old cracked one's dead easy to fit pull it off put new one on

I've got clear ones on mine with silvertech bulbs in 'em... look lovely...

I've also had golfs with red ones and black ones in the past, and my Corrado came with blue ones when I bought it...

They're easy to get hold of, and pretty cheap too... I got a red pair (with bulbs!) for a mate for £4 from Dubfreeze 8)

Blue:

before_pod2.jpg

Chrystal:

after_pod.jpg

I like the clear ones, but the blue ones seem to make your car look cleaner?? ;)

['H3R4POR]I like the clear ones' date=' but the blue ones seem to make your car look cleaner?? ;)[/quote']

:lol: :roll:

Fitted my clear repeaters last week, fit perfectly and look good too. Bought them from Venom Motorsport.

['H3R4POR]VR6 (tom) has clear ones I believe.

he got them from Halfords, and apparantly they fit better than the originals

Nearly matey! Got mine from Darren - who may have got them from Halfords :)

They do fit very nicely and tidy the car up a lot!

Hey,

I bought some clear indicators from Venom, they just slot in as before. I changed the bulb

to an LED one, like the crisp light, and don't have to spend money on Silvatecs and others like that.

Cheers,

Rica

I got some clears from Halfords - very good. They look exactly like the originals (i.e. slightly opaque plastic), but are not naff OR orange (i.e. NO BLING), so that makes 'em perfect in my book. And it was "10% off everything" day too...

Hey, I have no problem with yours. *I* don't like them, bit too bling for me, but that's a personal thing.

Um, I didn't call them naff, I said *mine* were NOT naff or orange.. I didn't say a word about yours..

I wouldn't expect everyone to *like* everything I decided to do to my car, but then I guess it's not worth saying anything if you don't like something, so maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut? :?

Does it really matter? We all want different things from our cars. You do your own thing, I'll do mine. Doesn't mean either of us is "right" or "better".. :)

right, lets get away from this bitchyness.

fitted my side repeaters today and i reckon they look loads better than the dull clear plastic ones IMO but each to their own.

It always struck me as a bit odd that VW fitted clear front indicators and orange side repeaters to the Corrado :|

Looks loads better now Jedi 8)

Its decided then... gonna have the same ones that Jedi has. they are perfect.

Cheers everyone for your comments.

PS i agree with Henny.... how odd it is that teh bumpers have clear and the sides have orange... and in my case, the back has red!

Anyways,

Here are mine. I bought the frosted clear indicators, 'cause I thought they would look better on the green body.

Besides, it looks rather OE :)

I took the normal bulb out and replaced it with an ultrabright quad LED.

Cheers,

Rica

I think the "frosted" ones look best. I don't really like the ones where the bulb is clearly visible through the lens.

i too have fitted frosted clears with silver bulbs on my green corrado, they look ace, and i've complimented them with (read 'justified the expense of' :lol: ) m3 rears which i know isn't to everyone's liking but it brightens the back end a bit, i really don't like the lexus style lights. each to their own, it would be boring if everyone was the same!! :wink:

jedi-knight83, what's the part number for those side repeaters, they look really good. I have had a look on their website but can't find them.

just ring them and ask for the corrado crystal side reps. not the £9.99 frosted ones.... the £14.99 crystal ones. thats all i did..i have thrown all the packing away now so cant find the number.