Sign in to follow this  
DEL VR6

has anyone changed their side indicators / repdaters?

ive bought some clear ones,red ones,but just cant seem to find the right colour to suit my flash red c :roll:

Anyways,

Here are mine. I bought the frosted clear indicators, 'cause I thought they would look better on the green body.

Besides, it looks rather OE :)

I took the normal bulb out and replaced it with an ultrabright quad LED.

Cheers,

Rica

Good choice, got the same ones on my C. Still using the orange bulb though, must update myself with some tasty LEDs!

K

Anyone know if the late vw ones that you get on mk4s etc fit? They dont stick out as much and look a tad more modern i think

they're also oval and have a different connector etc.

My corrado came with 6 led clear oval/chrome repeaters, i didn't like them at first but they're slowly growing on me.

The owner gave me a box full of old goodies, which had 2 more sets of repeaters. One being Smoked sqaure ones, and a set of oval frosted ones.

The sqaure ones look like golf mk1 repeaters, not sure really...they're not like the ones you guys have above. :roll:

After all that.... i got the ones like the on Rica has got (i think!) ... they look about the same as the standard ones i.e frosted, and same shape etc, only they are clear instead of orange. Well pleased with them too cos they look like OE.

Was an impluse buy from Halfords > > > 'Mistake!!' (they cost me £12.99!) way too much to spend on a little mod like this i think, cos you can get the same things on Ebay for £5.99 - there is a regular seller on there! Still, well pleased with the final result.

Ah well! - hopefully someone else can benefit from my experience!

where did u get your LED bulbs from Ka`?

where did u get your LED bulbs from Ka`?

Don't bother, they're not really good enough.

I tried the 6 LED clusters. Fine at night, barely visible at all during the day, espeically in direct sunlight.

You need too great a quantity of LEDs to successfully replicate the output of a filment bulb.

One car that has successfully pulled it off though is the new 3 series BMW, but mainly because the indicators consist of 50 or so 10mm mega bright LEDs and the brake lights have about 70 10mm LEDs.!

K

kevhaywire,

I'd say I am perfectly happy with my side indicators, even in the daylight.

Each to their own :D

Cheers,

Rica