Danny B

New car buying advise

hi all,

Well I have found the S4 I want and agreed a price subject to a pre sale mechanical inspection.

I want to have an inspection done before I depart with the money but not completely sure who I should use......the car is being sold in Chesterfield.

not sure if I want to use RAC, AA etc.....would really like a recommendation ?

Anyone ?

p.s. tried Audi RSR, Audi sport with no luck as yet.

Thanks

Danny

I used the AA about 10 years ago. Seemed OK if you're willing to pay for it. Are you a member of any of them cos maybe they would do a discount?

I had the AA check out my Corrado, ok that was nearly eleven years ago ! But I couldn't fault what they did, even did that paint measuring thing.

I've used AA on my first VR6, very thorough, and resulted the garage I bought it from fixing some issues I'd never had initially known about :)

Thanks for the reply's guys but I seemed to have found a reputable garage who is local to where the car is. They will do a diagnostic test, compression test and overall inspection for £150 which I thought was very reasonable.

Going down to watch them do it next Tuesday and hopefully drive the new car home the same day.

Cant wait.......will post some pictures up when I get it :cheers::cheers:

Nice, you simply have to get the Milltek non res exhaust for it. Just fitted one to mine and it has the perfect note.

Yeah I keep reading about the Milltek's on the Audi forums.....quite expensive though !!

Coullstar I have gone for the same colour as yours but with matching blue alcantara half leather......wasnt sure in the pictures but then in real life its a lovely interior.

We will compare notes when (hopefully) I get it. Watch this space.