VR6Pete

How are the fog lamp / indicators secured to the bumper?

quick question guys...

looks like in a previous life my fog lamps / indicators have been butered on the bumper...

How many screws should hold the fog lamps on to the bumper ? if someone could be as kind to take a photo of the area with the indicator lense remove so the screws are revealed?

It also seems that the units dont fit as snug into the bumper as i would have expected it to do...... the little rubber bits on the edges of the black plastic surround sits quite far forward and are quite visible... as i dont have another corrado to compare against, i'm not sure how it should look?

ideally i'd like to order my parts today from VW along with loads of other bits :)

cheers in advance.

pete

Indicators are on a spring clip, push them towards the outer edge of the bumper and pull them out. This will reveal 2 screws on the outer edge of the housing and 2 next to the fog light, I the whole housing should then pull out. Hope this helps cos I can't get a picture at the moment.

Edit ^ look at the wiki.

hiya, photos are not clear on the wiki.... i cant see how the screws secure into the bumper on the outer edge?

i know that i can see the clips in the middle the screws secure too, but nothing on the outer edge? photos dont make it clear either i'm afraid.

any further info, or part numbers i'd need would be great :)

cheers

pete

There should be speednuts that clip onto the plastic...

If it doesn't look right then maybe someones fitted an early bumper and bodged the late lights onto it??

Pete - on the third pic you can see the two channels, one of which has the screwdriver in place. Directly opposite (ie to teh right) are teh other two screws. There are the 'speednuts' which have been clipped onto the plate part of the bumper into which these go. I'm sure someone will post a pic up soon, if not, i'll try and get some tomorrow for you.

thanks guy, apreciate it :) need to get these fixed to my bumper for MOT :)

in the two square slots on the right should be the speed nuts, like you have in the bottom left of the photo

ahhh i'll butcher my other bumper.... later on then and see how they sit after :) I thought i'd see holes where the screws would go though ? a photo of your's would be fantastic if possible?

thanks.

Pete

does anyone happen to have any photos of how things should look with the fog light unit / surround removed please?

Cheers

Pete

sorry Pete not logged on for a few days - will try and get some pics for you later today.

Hi mate. Thanks for that, strange... Yours looks different than mine? What year is your motor? Mines a 1994? I assume I could just get new speed clips and screw the unit into it? Or would I need drill a hole where the screw would go in my bumper? Confused lol

mine's a 94 too, original bumper. Yes, if the plastic profile is there, just get the speed clips.