Sign in to follow this  
Majik

Audi Coupe's.......YAY or NAY?

My cousins looking to get an audi coupe preferably a late mode 1993-1996, has anyone had any experience with these cars and do they share any engines from the VW range?

I looked at a few before I came back to Corrado ownership... ;)

They're very heavy and not particularly nimble with it... :? I'm pretty certain the 2.0 16V is the 6A block which is basically a VW 9A block, but I think that's the only one that's the same in the later ones... IIRC they got a 1.8 16V in the earlier ones which is probably a KR derivative...

They're a nicely put together, nice looking car, that just suffer a bit from being a touch on the lardy side... ;)

I too looked at a few before indulging in Corradoship. A 2.0 16v and a 2.3 Quattro. The S2 is a mean little beast but good ones still go for serious money. Unfortunately, they share similar woes with the Corrado in that a lot of the parts, although based on the Audi 80 MK3, are unique to the Coupe, especially the interior....so big bucks.

Nice cars.....not very exciting to drive though.....so overall I'd say Nay.

K

Had a 1992 J 2.3E for 3 years, definately more luxury than sporting, looked fat was fat and went round corners like a boat. I still liked it though.

i wont let him buy a corrado because a:) it is exclusively for me in my family :D and b:) he's not the sort of person to treat the corrado the way it should be and doesnt deserve it!

what other cars could be bought with a budget of around 2k?

my mum has the early coupe Greg (89) 2.2 E i think - and she loves it :!:

Seriously though, she's had it for a long time and swears by it, and being from a semi pro rally background she provides a pretty good endorsement!! It's complete standard of course - my Dad was a dealer :oops:, so it's in tiptop condition still. Would agree with VR6 er, it needs decent suspension and tune up :!:

I considered one for a while...... :D