Jim

Sorry, I thought you said £30,000...?

To be fair I think there's probably about £10k of options on that!

Still a lot of wedge for a car like that though!

Options or not.. do you not think it's ridiculous? £30,000?

Of course but I'm sure there are a lot of fools out there that will pay that much money!

Given the original price of the Corrado, I think there's a touch of irony though ;)

And it's pre owned! Less than a month old and non vat qualifying.. Wouldn't be ex demo, my bet is warranty rejection. It's likely to have future faults..

Given the original price of the Corrado, I think there's a touch of irony though ;)

I'd never have bought a Corrado at full price either!! £3,000 is about all I am willing to pay for one! :)

?*cough - 30k for a fast pram with a hideous interior?!

My 30k would go on:

Mint Rado - 5k

Scimitar - 2k

S2A Land Rover - 2k

V8 Range Rover Classic - 3k

Porsche 968 - 10k

205 Gti - 2k

Self build a garage to house them (assuming I got planning and space in a garden) - remaining money.

Fools and their money...

Of course but I'm sure there are a lot of fools out there that will pay that much money!

There are, that's the trouble! Audi can do no wrong in the eyes of the public. They are the Apple of the car world right now. They've even infiltrated Hollywood. Lots of movies featurw an Audi of some description now. They've come far since the days of our POS Audi 80 SC !!

And the Corrado VR6 was around £20K, was / is a 'Sports' Coupe and VW's flagship car at the time. AND it was hand made, so there was some justification to the price. Plus some people were prepared to pay the premium for the car's looks / performance / rarity etc.

The A1 on the other hand is just a poxy little box for urban chimps who want 4 rings on the bonnet but without the footprint or fuel consumption of an A4 or TT. I can't imagine anyone looking at that and thinking it's a handsome beast of a car and well worth £30K.

I quite liked the first A1 I saw, thought it could be a proper decent hot hatch, but agree 30k is utterly stupid money. Not only that but I had an A3 for a while and that had S-Tronic (DSG) and I'm quite sure the stick shown in the add is of the manual variety. I will also have to assume from the photos that the radio and sat nav screen is integrated into the instrument cluster entirely, don't like that one bit.

I saw my first A7 yesterday. I just thought 'why?' I really don't see the point of it, and the back reminds me of a troll that's had the top of its head flattened.

Audi is turning it to a marque for cnuts. I'd sooner drive a BMW now.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2745069.htm

An Audi A1. A little city econo-box.

£30,000.

That is all.

(6k more would get you a brand new Porsche Boxster...)

Proof that the sheer ego of Audi has reached entirely new levels.

only thing tho Jim I dont think Ive ever seen a base spec Boxster,you normally need to add £3k-£5k of options on them

I look forward to seeing what the S1 and (presumably) the RS1 will end up costing. Should be a laugh!

Mental.

Another great example of the VW group prices its varying model ranges for differing sections of the market.

Audi is turning it to a marque for cnuts. I'd sooner drive a BMW now.

Yep. Me and a mate have irrefutable evidence to support that!!

To keep it brief, we did a small social experiment one evening after work by letting people out of side roads during rush hour, just to see what reactions we got. Basically, some Audi drivers didn't even acknowledge us. They clearly thought we were peasants and weren't good enough to waste their gratitude on. And it's *always* the black Audis of medium spec, such as A3 and A4 2.0 TDis with the pointless and over-priced 'S Line' accoutrements.

If I had been driving, I would have accelerated and blocked the cnuts out again, but my mate is far more tolerant than I am :lol:

It has got a heated rear screen though - wow

Audi has not really lost the plot price wise - merely taking advantage of lots of idiots prepared to pay stupid money for a merely well designed car with slick marketing - if you were in business and able to sell everything you made would you not also push the prices up

Not being funny, but the only way a car that size could be worth £30k to me would be if it had about £17k worth of drugs hidden in the boot. There's just no way that can be worth that much more than a new Ford Fiesta

That 1.6 TDI A1 you had on loan was £20K wasn't it? Madness. £5K more buys you a Focus RS. Stick it in storage for 10 years and it'll be worth the same, if not a good deal more. A £20K Audi A1 will be worth next to nothing in 10 years time.