V Bachetta

Introduction

Hi People, new on the scence. Just bought my firsty VW Corrado as i love them soooo much. I have uploaded some pics in an album on my profile, will update as more changes are made.

I do have some items wihich i need to sell so will shortley be taking pics and putting them in Classifieds.

Veejay.

Edited by V Bachetta

Hi Mate, thanks. I feel like a proper Dubber now i got my own and im on the forums.

Yes that is a Matt Black Vinyl roof, that was already on the car when i bought it in April this year. I have got some more pictures, i put an album on here earlier today. If you view my profile you will see an album on there.

I noticed your from Leeds, i used to live there for 21 years..... :-)

Just thought i would add some more pics to the thread as i have been busy tidying up the old girl.

I managed to grab some all red lights for the back, these are simply amazing. They seem to have a body shop finish so they dont look cheap or tacky. I have included some pics (before and after shots).

Also got round to spraying the Corrado badge in Satin Black, again done in my garage in my own time.

Hope you like it.....

That looks sweet mate, the red lights on white really do compliment eachother :D Prefer the all red lights to the red/clear split lights tbh.

Is that an after market aerial or is it just missing the stem?

Cool, where abouts did you live in Leeds

That does look really mint! White with all red rears is a good look in my book.

Any plans for it?

Thanks man, the more i look at this car the more i love it. Your bang on about the all reds, much better, cleaner and look the part on white paint work. I was lucky enough to bag these locally. :-D

Although the Clear/Reds looked ok and far better than the standard ones with orange, i personally thought they looked cheap.

Used to live in Moortown/Roundhay, just off Street Lane if you know that area at all? (Roundhay Park).

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

That does look really mint! White with all red rears is a good look in my book.

Any plans for it?

Thanks Andy - Only got them yesterday and just had to put them straight on. As Critical Mass said, The light compliment the white paint work really well.

Got plans for it for sure, but im going to take my time as i plan to keep the car and i want things done properly and without cutting corners. Thinking body work first, defo need a set of BBS Splits (white centres polished lip) then maybe a new engine next year.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Is that an after market aerial or is it just missing the stem?

The Stem is simply missing, ill have one soon tho.

Nice Motor Mate.

Who fitted them lights for you, looks like a good job !!!!!!!! LoL ;)

Nice Motor Mate.

Who fitted them lights for you, looks like a good job !!!!!!!! LoL ;)

Thanks Tej, I can recommend someone if your having troubles, lols. Nahh... the lights were fitted nicely thanks. Its all about that tool box

just needs a single wiper to finish it of lol

karl

Hi Karl, yes i think your quiet right there. Watch this space then, lol. I think it may need a 1.8T Karl Convertsion too when i have enough chedder to buy the engine and other bits.

Thanks again for the advice yesterday. Will let you know once i have managed to get down the bank.

Regards

Veejay.

Recently i have been trying to tidy the car up, so i bought a new aeriel, removed the rear wiper and filled the hole with a gromit (actually does the trick really well).

The person who owned this car before me did a poor wiring job, so i recently ripped out the Sony headunit, replaced it with an Alpine CDA7944R 6 channel preout with 4V front/rear/sub. Copper chasis. Digital optical out, BBE, black out. This along with a new power cable, some reconnecting and a new proper fuse holder, what a difference it makes. All speakers are now running of two amps along with the subs. Sounds pretty crisp now too. Not my final install but will do for the time being.

Veejay.

Got the hanbrake cables, bolted it all back together, and this is how she looks after some hard core polishing and cleaning.

Finally got my license and have been driving the car for just over a week. There are some minor issues with electrics which ill need to have a look at this weekend however the car is such a pleasure to drive. Corrado's defo turn heads for sure.

i have started to remove the bump strips from the side, just got the right hand side to do.

Just got your license? What a lovely car to own as a first one :)

HI THERE, YES I BOUGHT THE CAR ABOUT 6/7 MONTHS AGO, THEN MADE IT A MISSION TO GET MY LICENSE AS IT WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY SEEING HERE IN THE GARAGE EVERY DAY. THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT THOUGH :dance:

Very nice! I want to remove my rear wiper too!

You coming along to any of the meets?

Very nice! I want to remove my rear wiper too!

You coming along to any of the meets?

Hi Mate, thanks for the post. :thumbleft:

The rear wiper motor is a ball ache to remove so just be patient with it but it does make it look so much cleaner on the rear. Universal grommet from Euro Car parts to cover the hole works well too. As i have only got my license four weeks ago, i do plan on coming to the meets, i attended the West London Meet as im based very close by.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Looks very very good.... Love the white and the black roof.

Hi, thanks for the post, its dont look to bad, wasnt keen on it at first but it works ok and has grown on me.

This car is now for sale - please contact me for more information.

Its priced to sell, so no stupid prices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Right i have decided to keep this car now and sort it out good and proper. Firstly i was having a issue with my petrol consumption, and my collant kept running low. After some minor investigation and some advise from another Corrado owner, it happend to be the Flang which was leaking. Went down to GSF to get a new one with the seal great. Got round to replacing it to find the copy part did not fit. got some sealant, rubbed down the side of the head where it fits on and put it all back together. Went to TPS, ordered the new OEM part from Germany with the seal and off we go for round two. Took the old one off and popped on the new one, bolted it all back together and refilled the coolant. Bled the system and replaced the spark plugs while i was doing that two. I have to say, this made a massive difference to my fuel consumption. Before the fix, i was getting 106mile approx to £40, after that fix, i got 270miles from £50!!!!!!!

Now i need to sort the engine out as its burning a shed load of oil, in the 3000 miles i done since i started driving the car, i have had to top this up about 5 or six times. That cant be right or good so im looking for another engine.

Edited by V Bachetta

Finally got round to doing my badge last night. Here's a before and after shot. Looks pretty decent and its effortless. Just be sure to apply the paint in layers, if you simply sray away you will see the paint starts to run and will look crap.

Can't say I've ever seen a white one... but i like it. It's the black roof I think.

Good job man!

Hi, thanks for the compliments, there car is now looking some what different to those first pictures i uploaded but im having trouble putting more up. Im thinking about doing my lights tonight (Insides in satin black).