Corrado16

Is possible to install an original sunroof??

Hi everyone,

I would like to raise a question about installing an original sunroof on a VW Corrado. Does anyone has accomplished the installation of a sunroof original with all original components in a no sunroof Corrado? Has been a successful installation? Any problem associated?

Thank you very much all in advance.

suppose you could cut the roof off another corrado and weld it on but is it worth it.ive not got a sunroof and it dont bother me .its 1 less thing to have to fix

It would be possible to fit one yes, but as above please dont.

Its fair to say a good number of people have problems with them, and because of this normally change them for a passat moonroof.

Non sunroof c's werent all that common so its worth keeping hold of.

Non-sunroof C's are rare so i wouldn't, It keeps the price of your C high.

also, it would take a £100 sunroof, £20 wiring loom and £100 scrap roof and then you'll have to either weld it in yourself or pay £500 for someone to do it for you.

You can get a new 2ltre 16v Corrado for £1200..... It's just not worth the hassle

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Its fair to say a good number of people have problems with them, and because of this normally change them for a passat moonroof.

The original sun roof is good if you maintain it, all you need is a tub of grease from VW for a few quid and you shouldn't have any problems.

I've heard more stories about the moon roof leaking than the original! It's only the mechanism seizing due to lack of maintenance that causes the problems.

There Is someone on here who has a non VAG sunroof fitted in their non sunroof C,

But as everybody else says don't

Dont Do it mate,its the great thing about having a corrado with Poverty Spec Like I've got.

Nowt to go wrong....

No dodgy Sunroof,electric windows,electric seats etc etc.

I bought Heko wind deflectors and get my fresh air that way.

GL

Roy

dont build what you can buy! like alex said.

Ive got a non-sunroof model,theyre supposedly rare even over here but doubt theyre worth any extra.As said one less thing to go wrong.