dannyboy

Dannyboys G60 project-Now 20vT

i can confirm that it doesnt work either(pin 37) so all rpms output require current sink to work but at least i got my abs working again!just in time before the bad weather is due.

Well done for spotting that and trying. Did you try pin 81 as well?

yeah ive tried both,no joy but that was direct to U1/6 green that drives the rev counter.im a bit iffy about giving a positive supply to a ecu output(dont really want to blow anything!) but maybe ill try that too.

i feel a bit of a tool about the ABS because i picked the cable up four times when i was finishing the coversion and couldnt remember where it went!!It was the grey plug that connects to the top of the brake reservior :bonk: . just goes to show you one cable can stop the whole ABS system working

Done the injector seals today as number 1 and 4 were leaking and dirt was forming around it.1 was not good as the dirt had been blown up the injector and i could see a clean part which meant the pressure+fuel was blowing up past the seal quite a bit.

8 injector seals( 23 euro :suprised: ) and about an hour later the injectors were cleaned and resealed.the FPR was a complete &r$£ to get out,had to put in in the vise to get it out

Anyway done and dusted, got me 1 psi extra on boost now,so im on 12-12.5 psi now so the quest to find the small boostnd vacumm a leaks continues.....

Well i was thinking,time to extract so more horses from the engine so contacted AMD essex who gave a nice offer that i couldnt refuse.£330 for stage 2 remap and Forge DV 007which i dont think is too bad.The tt guys recommended Vag-check or AMD but vag-check was booked out so i had to use AMD which is better it think as its on the way from Dover anyway! Kill two birds with the one stone.....

I havent heard many bad comments about AMD essex,has anyone used them before?

Perfectly honest im only really doing it because it may help my fuel economy since i dont use full RPM(only now and again) and its got a stronger boost & torque low to midrange

Well snow has arrived in germany at last, only to find that my passenger footwell is full of water.wasn't fun driving down the autobahn in heavy snow with whole car fogging up every two seconds.Back to the garage and found ive lost the bulkhead fan filter retaining clip so the filter isnt sealing, do'h! must have forgot to push it fully in when i took the old digifant ecu out. oh well its lost,so made a plastic clip up and sealed the filter to bulkhead.But it going to take ages to dry the bloody car out now!

Using the old newspaper under the floormats trick,hopefully help

Anyone have a part number for the clip?

Hi guys,

Got the car remapped at AMD essex.Im not really happy as im getting 25-29 psi which i was told is quite a bit outside the 'safe' working pressure of a turbo.I think my turbo inlet pipe is imploding as the car has acutally gotten slower!I tested for leaks as when i was getting it remapped,one of the boost hoses kept popping off with the pressure. Found a small leak or two and fitted better hose clamps so it most be the inlet pipe crushing.

Also ordered a Forge 007p DV week and half before to replace the dv when i got it remapped and when i tipped up they didnt have it in!!! Not very good service at all

Doesnt sound very good service !

How was your road trip ?

and how does it feel driving a leftie on our roads ?

Merry Xmas mate,keep us posted with your updates,always a good read,

Bryan

Are you running the standard turbo intake pipe? If so ditch it and get a silicone one, this will stop the intake pipe collapsing when you go onto boost.

yeah rob id say your correct,id do have a funny feeling the the turbo inlet pipe is crushing purely because of the amount of air its sucking in.

Bryan, its wasnt too bad a drive,apart from snow in europe but ive got to drive back now....oh the joy.I have to be gentle on the throttle all the time now because the boost snaps in quite a bit and hopefully ill get forge inlet pipe

Well back in germany again and had a chance to guage the fuel consumption over the few tankfulls i put in. 750 to 800 km out of a 55 litre tank isnt that bad but that was driving between 110-125 kph most of the way on motorway and with 5% of it traffic.But overall it seems a good result.

The power is all over the place at the moment.One minute the car flies ,the next its as dull as german grey!Gotta love chasing problems that you know you could solve if the stuff in the post didnt take so bloody long.also my bank balance took some hit with the stuff i ordered this month

1. Forge 008 DV cost 135 euro

2. Forge early APX turbo inlet pipe cost £146

3. G60 intercooler silicon hose l/h/s cost 107 euro

4. Other misc items like proper hose clamps cost 37 euro

Total this month- 439 euro or £373 not including remap or fuel or ferry. ohhh boy...

Anyone else have an expensive christmas?

off to Canada for 4 months tomorrow so it'll be a while before i can play with my car again :(

Ill be on the forum bryan,just wont have the car. all the stuff i have ordered will be at home when i get back so ill be busy.Trying at the moment to find out if the APX engine has cruise control as my harness doesnt have the pinout on the ECU to use the cruise control.But it would be nice to have on my one.

Might swing by you later april/may time byran,hopefully your beast will be finished by then!

Oh also solved the big mystery of the diference between ECU,engine harness and the engine itself.

The engine is a early NON-ESP engine (tts that got recalled and had rear spoiler added+ESP)

The harness is still unknown,but is from a earlier 1.8t engine with the hitachi coils like mine has.But doesnt have pinouts on harness for CC so its not tt quattro(maybe FWD version like Cupra R)

The ECU is an APX with ESP model one.

So as you can see some of the problems i had were down to miss-match of these. oh the joys :lol:

Edited by dannyboy

One day left in Canada and then the corrado comes out of hibernation when I get back to Germany :-)

Armed with a new Revo sps controller,forge TIP,forge 008 dv and n75j valve,hopefully my boost spiking problems will be sorted. I can't wait!

Back in Germany at last,took the raddo out for a blast as I missed her.fitted the forge dv and the dump seems to be alot smoother.also fitted the TIP which helps clear the ABS unit and spiking has reduced quite a bit but disappointed as the revo sps unit does not work with my amd software.funny thing is the unit reconises the ecu and says the timing is set to 7 and fuel to 9 but the boost is set to 225? Thought highest was 9? Also I can't change the settings I bought the unit for which is quite strange.

Anyone have any idea or used it before?

Sugar I'll try use my laptop.I'm using android pad so every link is different.ill sort it!

---------- Post added at 7:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:03 PM ----------

that should work,lol

im pretty sure yours wont be far off byran!!! your must be pretty quick too!

I need a LSD now,torque steer is pretty scary as it launches,it goes rightwards.not as bad as going leftwards towards oncoming traffic

Well after quite a bit of lookn ive found a best priced golf g60 radiator which still isnt cheap at 200 euro but beats paying 310 for classic parts for same thing. its a pain trying to find a radiator thats obsolete especially new but at last found one company that does them....

Not so good day,coil number four is playing up and engine is missing.trying to find coils made by hitiachi.they are very good,just dont like water when i steam cleaned the engine bay.oh well,the search starts..lol

turns out all four coil packs had no seal under them hence water getting in.ordered 4 new hitachi coil at 176 euro,expensive little mistake. but she should be running back to full power soon,then time for a full speed run!!!

Right....first high speed run put the speedo needle off the clock,second run that i used the camera ended up short because traffic started to get heavy and people just pull out without looking.Bad as it was i did get some speed going though....