dannyboy

Dannyboys G60 project-Now 20vT

I'm just putting an APX in mine. Be interested to see how you get on. I'm hoping I don't have the same engine problems!

What mk3 golf was the PAS pump off. Are they all the same?

Thanks

Alex

alex i just went on sight because theres only two types of offset i believe and guess what,the g60 is wrong offset.I got mine off a mk3 passat in breakers as it had the front of the car already off so easy to do.Im pretty sure most mk3 golfs,passat etc have near enough the excat same pump-except for VR6.

Ill find you the part number on the pump as ive already mounted mine and its OEM fit.One thing to note is that you need a mk4 pulley which bolts straight to the pump otherwise its easy.Ill find it for you later tomorrow as im off to the CCG meet all saturday

alex i just went on sight because theres only two types of offset i believe and guess what,the g60 is wrong offset.I got mine off a mk3 passat in breakers as it had the front of the car already off so easy to do.Im pretty sure most mk3 golfs,passat etc have near enough the excat same pump-except for VR6.

Ill find you the part number on the pump as ive already mounted mine and its OEM fit.One thing to note is that you need a mk4 pulley which bolts straight to the pump otherwise its easy.Ill find it for you later tomorrow as im off to the CCG meet all saturday

cheers for the info. yeah, a part number would be useful. Was going to go mk4 but need to get the hose end changed which is a bit of a pain.

excatly why i used mk3 one and banjo bolts are are pain in the a$$ in general. if you look at the last post on page two youll see the pump fitted

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

are you using DBW,e-pedal etc like i am? or you going aftermrket?

This kind of thing only happens on the 29th of febuary!! :lol:

holy crappo, is that what your signatures about then, rat + wires + fire?!

Spot on man!! We've got creatures similar to ferrets over here that love to chew on cables.Lots of people over here had their cars destroyed by their chewing on cables and hoses.

Google Marders.It may come up with german tank,obiviously dont bother with that.its a type of stout or ferret. EVIL LITTLE F"£K£&s!!!!!

i went searching! had heard of the odd case with rats in fuse boxes, but not tree rats chewing at your pride and joy all summer long!

i went searching! had heard of the odd case with rats in fuse boxes, but not tree rats chewing at your pride and joy all summer long!

This was three days after buying my current raddo-

excatly why i used mk3 one and banjo bolts are are pain in the a$$ in general. if you look at the last post on page two youll see the pump fitted

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

are you using DBW,e-pedal etc like i am? or you going aftermrket?

Yeah, I'm using audi management with DBW. I tried to take the pedal box out yesterday though and it's not looking very easy!! you managed it yet?

its a type of stout or ferret. EVIL LITTLE F"£K£&s!!!!!

HEY!

do these look evil to you?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48791[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48792[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48793[/ATTACH]

FOR SHAME!

HEY!

do these look evil to you?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48791[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48792[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48793[/ATTACH]

FOR SHAME!

Ferrets are cute mate,marders aint! One of the guys in my place was changing a headlight in a car and one was in the engine bay.Gave him a evil snarl and ran off!He jump ten foot back when he saw it and sh@t himself Then again i wont blame the marder if i had to look at has ugly mug!! :lol:

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Well after a three month setback,i decided it time to get that 1.8t lump in the car and have some fun.Got lots of hoses and bits to make sure i can do it in a oner! Found that when using the Golf G60 intercooler some of the raddo G60 boost hoses fit nearly perfect on the left hand side from what i can see.only time will tell

Started at 5 pm today,nearly ready to be lifted by 8 pm.Lady luck was probably on my side as most bolts and nuts came off easy with the exception of the cat bolts+nuts.

Drive shafts and mounting bolts to do tomorrow then old lump out.Would be easier if i had a second person as i working alone at the moment,might annoy the father-in-law tomorrow to help

Photo0284.jpg

Photo0285.jpg

Photo0287.jpg

Photo0288.jpg

Photo0289.jpg

Photo0290.jpg

Photo0291.jpg

All electrical disconnected,hoses off,exhaust nearly done,just drive shafts and mounting bolts to go,fifthteen minute job

Photo0293.jpg

Anyone wondering the Golf G60 intercooler compared to the stock raddo G60 one,just a tiny bit of difference

Photo0294.jpg

Decided to go against buying so-call synthetics that VW recommends and go with a full group 4 synthetic.Damage 70 euro.

Better than the so called synthetic designed specificaly for newer VWs so they dont harm the cat converter which will light a wallet by 90 euro!!! :eek:

Got a bit futher today,engine out and swapped the pedal box for the DBW one.tomorrow i start wiring in the harnesses so fingers crossed i goes off without a problem.

Photo0302.jpg

Photo0304.jpg

Photo0306.jpg

Photo0306.jpg

Photo0309.jpg

3 litres of vw's finest coolant,g12++

Photo0307.jpg

After four days of head banging electrics my 20vt burst into life.... But my DBW pedal isnt responding.and it has very tempermental starts.Sometimes straight start,others it needs two-three cranks.

Ive been cross referencing three different parts which nearly broke me-Ecu is from APX engine which is good because its an APX engine but the wiring loom is from a unknown 1.8t(maybe golf?) and doesnt have cruise control and some of the wires are different colours or end in different places.Next i have confirmed that i have a 1990 g60 wiring as the wiring is a bit different than other and caused a massive headache.I have the bentley on disc and the one page i need on the disc is not showing up(maybe disc data is missing?)

Happy but not happy...if you know what i mean. :lol:

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Vagcom not reading the ecu either...hmmmm maybe sometimes wrong?!!

cheers for encouragement guys,would of dropped the g60 lump back in by now.

Im missing page 10 of 1990 wiring diagram(one after the digifant relay+fuel pump relay) which is still causing me problems.It could be something simple,i dont know. Major problem i was having was i was only getting 3.5 volts on switched live using a relay for coil packs common earth. So i gave it a constant 12v feed and it burst into life.

Also the ABS light is staying on but pump runs,strange.all sensors are connected.

good work mate stick with i realy like myn with the apx engine in,cant help with the wiring as myn doesnt run vag management but good luck! it will be worth it once its all sorted myn does great mpg and realy does shift.

Ordered a new DBW pedal yesterday,pick it up this morning. Think the pinouts on the TDI pedal i was given are different.Ill just have to find out today. If the pedal doesnt solve the problem of not being able to rev then,ill have no choice be to put the g60 back in as my misses needs her car for work(ive been using hers).

So its make or break day today whether i keep the 20v in or go back to g60. Ill probably go back to 20v at a later stage if the pedal doesnt work but its my daily so i cant keep it off the road any longer

bad news, new pedal still didnt solve the problem and i cant access the ecu through diagnosic cable

On vagcom it finds the interface but doesnt get a response from any controllers.If i cant find the problem(it has to be ecu) then im taken the 20v back out

k-line to pin7 dia socket

earth to pin4 dia socket

live to pin10 dia socket are these correct?

in about three hours i make the dicission to take 20v out and g60 goes back in

finally got the ecu to communicate with vagcom and paid for a licence so hopefully sometime today i can perform a Throttle body adpation

so the 20v stays in,for the moment.

finally after one last bit of though as i was about to give up,spliced in two wires and i heard the sound i wanted to hear-the TB buzzing its high pitched tone. Pluged in VCDS and on channel 60 perform a TBA and 8 clicks of the tb later.... after starting it-it gave a almighty roar when i pressed the pedal.

I now have the OEM management for the 20v,including DBW pedal working!!! Oh yes!! ill start putting exhaust on and all the other stuff now it working!

I feel better now,as i was close to given up all hope

Good man,

I'm well happy for what your achieving ,

cheers greeny-i really was about to throw the towel in. but im the kind of bloke who wont bloody stop until i find the problem or sort it even though i say ive had enough about 100 times!

Hopefully ill be driving it home from germany when im on my christmas leave,might pop by to see your beast