StueyB

Front Splitter Reinforcement Bar

As title really.

After a good condition front splitter reinforcement bar.

Part number : 535 807 181

Appear to be the same across all ages of Corrado and is used to bolt the splitter to the front bumper.

Have bent mine after a brush with a high curb so am looking for a solid (non bent/cracked) replacement.

Cash waiting.

Regards, Stu

Yep was gonna suggest a new one if a s/hand one didn't grab your fancy. The main reason being the improved anti-corrosion coating which is all very shiney and nice looking.

And what on earth is a front 'splitter' anyway? What's it splitting? Logs? nuts? legs?

They were always referred to as 'chin spoilers' back in the day. I really must get with the 21st century....

Edited by Kevin Bacon

Yep was gonna suggest a new one if a s/hand one didn't grab your fancy. The main reason being the improved anti-corrosion coating which is all very shiney and nice looking.

And what on earth is a front 'splitter' anyway? What's it splitting? Logs? nuts? legs?

They were always referred to as 'chin spoilers' back in the day. I really must get with the 21st century....

I think its called that because it will inevitably split!

Yeah!

At least the Rado's bumper is made up in bits I guess. A mate whacked his Mondeo bumper on a high kerb and the whole thing had to be replaced!

Guys, completely forgot I posted this.

Thanks for the help and offers, pm's heading your way people who have offered.

Yes indeedy not getting the splitter thing either Kev, the term RIMS even more winds me up! They are bloody wheels a rim is the outer bit that the tyre goes on Grrrr! Oh Yeah! Build Threads! WTF is that all about??? they are restoring/improving something Building is something you do from scratch.

Sorry for the rant stu lol! too much sun yesterday me thinks :)

Need one of these too so nice to see still available for a good price...

this is a splitter:

or this:[ATTACH=CONFIG]47886[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47887[/ATTACH]

Wikipedia has the/an answer:

Front spoilers – A front spoiler, or air dam, is positioned under the front bumper. This type of spoiler originally was designed for racing cars and is shaped to reduce the airflow under the car.

Splitters

The airstream is brought to stagnation above the splitter by an air dam, causing an area of high pressure. Below the splitter, the air is redirected away from the stagnation zone and is accelerated, causing the pressure to drop. This, combined with the high pressure over the splitter creates downforce.

so there you go, the corrado has an 'air dam' or 'front spoiler' but no splitter :)

Yes indeedy not getting the splitter thing either Kev, the term RIMS even more winds me up! They are bloody wheels a rim is the outer bit that the tyre goes on Grrrr! Oh Yeah! Build Threads! WTF is that all about??? they are restoring/improving something Building is something you do from scratch.

Sorry for the rant stu lol! too much sun yesterday me thinks :)

Need one of these too so nice to see still available for a good price...

No worries dude, finding the whole thing quite amusing myself.

I think i've always referred to them as a splitter, front spoiler to me makes me think some one has removed the their rear spoiler, flipped it upside down and glued it to the lower part of the front bumper. Conjures all kinds of crazy images in my head.

I'm going to stick with splitter even tho it would appear I'm in the wrong.