poll250

DIY Arch rolling.

This might sound like a bit of a Heath Robinson, but bear with me.

Even though my car isn't that low (2 finger gap) I still get a lot of arch rubbing on the front on the crappy roads around me. Today I found that it's started ripping big chunks out of my tire on the drivers side.

Now, both arches have a little bit of rush on lips, and will either need to be painted in the next few months, or replaced in any case so I'm not too worried about messing it up a bit, just don't want it to look terrible!

I was thinking of:

1.Remove arch liners and bolts

2.Flat the paint down on the lip to try and minimise cracking on the face?

3.Heat with a hairdryer sporadically.

4."Tap" the lip with a hammer, which something on the outside of the arch stopping distortion.

5. Spray the nicely rolled lip

6.HAM IT UP!

Any comments or help would be appreciated.

I've done that on a mates before, turned out ok but i'd recommend these guys http://www.archenemy.co.uk They did a good job on all 4 corners of the C. Didn't crack any of the original paint even though some of it was a touch rusty!

Check out you tube, a guy on there did it with a baseball bat

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

I've done that on a mates before, turned out ok but i'd recommend these guys http://www.archenemy.co.uk They did a good job on all 4 corners of the C. Didn't crack any of the original paint even though some of it was a touch rusty!

Did you have to remove the wheel arch liners before they did any rolliing

Nope, they did them for me, and they didn't charge. I think they charge £10 now to remove the arch liners and re-fit. silly really.

Surprised RCs are catching are they 7.5 ET35?, are you running spacers? What is your camber like?