joby

whats the best way to set up new rear calipers

Just got some new rear calipers in the quest to try and stop the rear from uneven braking at speed, can anyone tell me the best way of setting up the rears when fitting the pads ? do i adjust the pistons out to leave a little play between the pads (was thinking of measuring the piston clearance from the caliper and copying to the opposite side) any suggestions or experiance?

Not had to replace the corrado ones yet but on my other cars ive had to push the piston all the way in in order to get the pads to fit in the caliper.

Would have assumed the same with yours.

Screw pistons all the way in,fit pads & calipers.Before connecting cables bleed calipers & then push footbrake firmly a few times.Then connect cables,all should be fine.

I just used circlip pliers last time. Remove the fluid reservoir cap to make it easier. That was on a golf 3 though, so not entirely sure of the setup as I've not looked at my 16v. If the pistons have 2 holes, you should be hot to trot. :smug:

all 4 of my cals are off, ive rebuilt um...had to knock it round so start off but after that they went round easy..just need to fit them back on the c now

thanks to all who replyed

if you have a golf haynes manual there's a good rule of thumb in there about setting handbrake cable tension. I think it says tighten them up so that when the handbrake is on 3 clicks then the rear wheels spin freely for half a turn (when in the air).

something like that. I'm sure someone else will chime in.