hawwy

vr6 problem cutting out and not moving/

hi

every junction on every stop whenever i put car in neutral revs just drop and it cuts off? what can it be?

also sometimes am driving the car jerks and sometimes and driving and i put my foot down nothing seems to happen even if i drop a gear it just seems to be rolling and the accelarater seem to not move the car? unless i turn car on and off, if that makes sense? what could it be?

its getting really annoying now , help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Any further symptoms? using oil, water? done any work on it recently? when was the last service, have you checked spark plugs/ignition leads. Try running it through vagcom to see if it brings up any fault codes

Not using any water or oil, vag com just brings up lambda sensor and intake manifold temp sensor. Last service I don't know because I bought car 3 week ago. Also how do I check spark plugs and leads

Maybe start by resolving those error codes first then.

If I were you I'd give the car a good service if you have just bought it, unless you have receipts to say its been done recently, personally I like to do it anyway to ensure its been done and properly. Checking plugs is just a case of making sure theres no rips in the plastic and they are all plugged in properly, spark plugs is a case of removing them to check their condition but like I said seeing as you just bought it, it might be worth replacing them.

what about isv?, also where can i get intake manifold tempreture controle sensor?cheers

ISV is idle, wouldn't explain why its cutting out whilst driving. If I were you I would do things that don't cost money first, get the vagcom codes and stick them in the search box on here, plenty of topics to read through.

intake manifold temperature control sensor

Could just be something as simple as an air leak.

ISV is idle, wouldn't explain why its cutting out whilst driving. If I were you I would do things that don't cost money first, get the vagcom codes and stick them in the search box on here, plenty of topics to read through.

intake manifold temperature control sensor

Could just be something as simple as an air leak.

it doesnt cut out while driving , it cuts out soon as i put in neutral it doesnt idle correctly revs just drop and cuts off, and i wonder what the problem could be when i put my foot down sometimes and nothing happens at all

Would that only happen on junctions though or all the time. Especially when more fuel is needed on throttle?

Id personally rule out coil pack and leads as id expecta misfire not a total cut out. Unless it happens that ALL leads or ALL connections on the coil pack are knackered at the same time - what are the chances of that.

Ive got this issue too, but only happens occasionally.

Kev aka Fishwick, suggested the throttle body was the issue. Advised to check the damper pot, which is what the throttle sits on when idling. Think there's a throttle sensor too.

Good suggestion Gaz. Check the damper by manual opening of teh throttle body via the cam and then letting it snap shut. Once it hits the stop, it should then gradully be slowed to a close. If it doesnt, ie it just snaps shut, it means your damper is borked and will need to be replaced.

Would that only happen on junctions though or all the time. Especially when more fuel is needed on throttle?

Id personally rule out coil pack and leads as id expecta misfire not a total cut out. Unless it happens that ALL leads or ALL connections on the coil pack are knackered at the same time - what are the chances of that.

Ive got this issue too, but only happens occasionally.

Kev aka Fishwick, suggested the throttle body was the issue. Advised to check the damper pot, which is what the throttle sits on when idling. Think there's a throttle sensor too.

but what about the flat spots and jerks?

ermm well yeah good point, maybe its 2 seperate issues. Does it misfire at all as id say fuel was the issue with the flat spot rather then spark, someone could tell me otherwise though

yeah i never thought about the damper pot either Hasan until Kev pointed it out. Checked mine yesterday and im not sure mine is how it should be. It does slam shut, but doesnt appear to gradually close after that.