robrado974

where to go for a vr6 engine ?

have been thinking about this for a while , was hoping somone on here would point me in the right direction . the top end is fine as its only done 40,000. dont know about how far to go with it tuning etc. regards rob .

Hey mate,

How about selling the head and putting the money towards a bit of a newer design smooth VR? A nice tasty 4motion, not much more power but much more useable and canbe tuned nicely. 204bhp as standard. I've read its an easier conversion than the R32 engine.

An example-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-mk4-golf-v6-4motion-2-8-engine-63-000-miles-/270765269747?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0ade22f3

yep thats an option mate . something keeps telling me to keep it the same and just get a new bottom end . would still want the vr roar as well lol.

only place i can find atm is tsr. anyone had dealings with them ? . i spose the first port of call is that i should get a compresion test to see how good the current bottom end is . regards rob

Edited by robrado974

thanks mate will find em on the net and check out the prices . does not bother me how far away they are , planning a long term project .regards rob

thanks mate will find em on the net and check out the prices . does not bother me how far away they are , planning a long term project .regards rob

When I was in last week they had 3 VR turbos and another for a full rebuild. You wont go wrong.

When I was in last week they had 3 VR turbos and another for a full rebuild. You wont go wrong.

cant seem to get the site up ? just typed in stealth engineering is that right ?. regards rob

thanks for replies guys , will get onto them , ........ooooh my wallet is gettin lighter just thinking about it , lol.

Is it not cheaper to put a new vege engine instead of rebuilding an existing one? Think they are about £2k and come with a years warrenty.

Is it not cheaper to put a new vege engine instead of rebuilding an existing one? Think they are about £2k and come with a years warrenty.

This is what I'd go with if I were in a similar situation and wanted to stay with the 12v.

If it's of any interest there's an R32 engine in the for sale section.

and for a grand its a bloody bargain, and the seller is a mate of mine and will vouch for him all day long