Portent

Which size chin spolier should a 94 VR have?

50mm or 90mm?

Mine has a slight split in it. Only visible close up but I know it's there. So I may replace it. It currently has a 90mm. Is that the 'correct' size for a 94 VR? Although to be honest I'm tempted to get a 70mm one from the group buy (if I don't get it 'just right' out of my road then it scrapes slightly).

Thanks. May try to repair it first and see if I'm happy with it. If not then I'll see what my options are as the 90's are obsolete now.

A VR should have a 50mm splitter. Later Corrado's have 50mm splitters.

The 50mm splitter is still available. £45 plus VAT.

Didn't know that mate, I bow to your superior knowledge! Cheers Gaz, wonder why mine's a 90mm one then. 2 other VR's local to me have 90mm's though.

Same here. Mine's a 90mm and today the VAG dealer commented on "strange that the earlier 50mm is still available but the 90mm is obsolete".

But again I bow to superior knowledge and I assume people put a 90 on at some point in the cars history.

90mm is correct for 94 and all Corrados before that too! Its only the 95 cars (last year of manufacture, regardless of reg plate) that have the weary 50mm spoiler and the ridiculous sky high ride hieight

Edited by OSV

Thanks. May try to repair it first and see if I'm happy with it. If not then I'll see what my options are as the 90's are obsolete now.

The 50's are actually obselete? 90mil still available as of April this year.

The 50's are actually obselete? 90mil still available as of April this year.
Not according to my dealer and I was looking at his screen at the time. It showed that 50s available and 90s obsolete. That's odd. Edited by Portent

90mm is correct for 94 and all Corrados before that too! Its only the 95 cars (last year of manufacture, regardless of reg plate) that have the weary 50mm spoiler and the ridiculous sky high ride hieight

mines a 94 with a 90mm spoiler but its also got the ridiculous sky high ride height, guess am lucky :brickwall:

I'll check on monday, as i got one through my mechanics suppliers and im sure he said there were plenty left (50mm). Happy to get some ordered for people if they still have some.

I rang my dealer a few weeks ago with the 50mm part number but he said none available.

I'll have one if you can get any Critical Mass???

Right spoke to my mechanic. He told me he thinks they were obsolete as of 2010. However his supplier MAY be able to get hold of 4 spoilers, this number isnt a dead cert but ive told him to get what ever he can, if he can. Sorry for the uncertainties.

Guys, sorry i meant to update this.

I was told the suppliers had 4 in stock according to their system. That isnt looking the case. My mechanic will continue to check and will get any if they come in stock.

Sorry to get peoples hopes up.

When i ordered mine not that long ago they had a few in stock. I thought these were still available. I thought the 90mm spoiler was obsolete.

Yep 50's are now no more as Crazy Dave tried to order one last November and was told only the 90 one was available, can confirm also that the 50mm ones were only fitted to the very last year cars so 95 year only.