8vMatt

New Top Gear series

Not a bad start to the series... and a nice little piece for the E-Type :) Still looks absolutely stunning, 50 years on!

I think that is one of the best Top Gear episodes for the last two or three years. There wasn't anything too over the top, nothing too staged and plenty of interesting features.

Even the armoured South African vehicle looked good...it always makes me laugh when they manage to capture seemingly genuine shocked expressions from the general public :)

I have to admit that in terms of artistic filming and camera placement (not that I know anything about it), Top Gear are pretty damn good...some awesome filming IMO.

would give both my testicales for an e-type lol

and my names karl and i'm 100% petro-sexual

Edited by KADVR6
cant type lol

Not a bad start to the series... and a nice little piece for the E-Type :) Still looks absolutely stunning, 50 years on!

I've always loved the E Type :D I was in total agreement with JC when he said the Eagle roadster is the best looking car he's ever seen. We've discussed those before but I never realised they were half a million quid!!!

Great show overall and I liked all the cars featured.

Thoughts on the 7lb of explosives under the Maurader only causing tyre damage? I'm undecided. Tempted to call BS on it but due to the car's huge ground clearance, I think most of the explosion dissipated out the sides.

Missed the beginning of it :( Only saw from the Mini onwards.

I do love the E-type but really love that Eagle Roadster and (stupid or not) if i had the cash i would spend the half million on it. Beautiful car!

Not sure I'd bother personally. I'd spend the money on an original, mint, V12 E-Type..

I dribbled a bit too :)

Clarkson was pretty funny there :lol:

There's no doubting her 'fitness' that's for sure!

loved the e-type piece, I go on and off them, it's the 1960's overhang of the wheels I think I dislike, only really cars like the original GTO carry that off and I'm surprised he didn't mention the brakes on them, not what you want in a 150mph car :lol:

my uncle had an immaculate (like concours) red soft top e-type and I have to say that was a beautiful looking car, he bought it it the classic car slump in the early '90's for 17 grand! and sold it on for a LOT more a few years later, then bought a restored healey 3000 - I can dream on...