Swompy

Big fuel promotion coming wednesday

Right my work is doing a big fuel promotion on wednesday but only for 5 days (till sunday).

Im not allowed to say what it is just yet but if you need fuel and shopping try and wait till then.

Better than before ;)

Will give more details wednesday morning when I can

I can say Tesco are doing one now to lol ;) plus if you by at tesco my shares will go up and I can buy nice stuff for my corrado :)

I can say Tesco are doing one now to lol ;) plus if you by at tesco my shares will go up and I can buy nice stuff for my corrado :)

Its better than that one ;)

Tbh I dont even know what ours is last week you had to buy bog roll lol

Being the cynical type, it seems convinient that crude has dropped a lot on the markets in the last week or so too.

Being the cynical type, it seems convinient that crude has dropped a lot on the markets in the last week or so too.

+1

sneaky *******s arent they.

Yeah not bad actually. £8 off my usual £112 bill to fill the Bimmer. I wish V Power would do some promotions like that! Still, at least we're not paying £1.80 a litre for that like they do in Greece.

£60 of food is a lot of food for us. Alcohol, biscuits, crisps etc will push the bill up but for basic foods £60 is a lot.

If a tank is not fully empty you could get 60litres in so 60 litres with 10p off = £6.

10% off your food bill is hardly earth shattering and only obtainable if you need £60 of food and have an empty tank. I guess I am lucky in that I don't drive long distances very often or eat loads!

£60 of food is a lot of food for us. Alcohol, biscuits, crisps etc will push the bill up but for basic foods £60 is a lot.

If a tank is not fully empty you could get 60litres in so 60 litres with 10p off = £6.

10% off your food bill is hardly earth shattering and only obtainable if you need £60 of food and have an empty tank. I guess I am lucky in that I don't drive long distances very often or eat loads!

Supermarkets are clever in the promotions they do, its not until you break down the offer to see its not too generous. But the headline 10p per litre gets people hooked into the idea its good to spend the £60 where they might not need to, to do their weekly shop.

Have to remember the supermarkets are not our friends, they want to make as much profit as possible from all of us which they do very well.

Have to remember the supermarkets are not our friends, they want to make as much profit as possible from all of us which they do very well.

Hell yeah. Tesco prey on people's inability to discipline themselves. They know if they stick 1Kg bars of DairyMilk in front of our faces and make it look cheap, we'll cave in and buy it, even though we didn't go in there for chocolate in the first place. They also know most people shop at lunchtime, or afterwork, so shop with their stomachs because they're hungry and therefore end up filling the trolley with crap they didn't really want!!

I love our village shop for a more personal touch and they don't sprinkle you with BOGOFs as soon as you walk in the door. Only snag is the village shop prices!!

Play them at their own game, if you shop at each they'll keep sending you offers to try to get you back in a pattern with them, Tesco keep giving me free online grocery delivery to 'welcome me back' and sainsbury have twice given us a string of 12 quid off a 60 quid shop vouchers, far better than the petrol discounts. Shoe leather principle though, don't waste too much time and effort to save a few pence.

I have the power to send you all tesco vouchers. just think about it lol:cool:

We've started to have our veg delivered by a local farm shop. All organic and I thought it was a little on the pricy side but when it arrived, there was a big cardboard box full to the brim and so tasty. It also means I've not been to our local Sainsburys for over 3 weeks now. Only need to pick up tins and bits and bobs to go with the veg, we are saving loads compared to before.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Ok I'll come back now!!!

me too, theres a farm shop about 25 metres from my front door. at least i know where it came from and have to agree it is generally better than the supermarket stuff.

long live the british farmer :)

I've started looking around at local markets etc now. Food is silly expensive and rising by the day so small savings quickly add up.

I too have huge problems with trying to spend £60 in a Supermarket.

So I can take advantage of these just sometimes - I have a shopping list running for weeks and it is only the stock up of cleaning items that means I can sometimes achieve it.

I heard last Sunday, Tesco's were dropping their price by 3p a litre - my lodgers went to the Supermarket and said this was not the case - they maybe misheard about this.

So then Kempy - Vouchers heh - FOC - Yes please !!! ;-)

I deliberatly do my grocery shopping at several places to ensure i am reguarly offered the promotions too.

Besides the variety is so much better utilising 3 supermarkets.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Tbh I dont even know what ours is last week you had to buy bog roll lol

I spotted this - but the loo roll was so expensive - it hardly made it worth the effort of going in store to get the discount off the fuel.

I did not bother

Do we PM you our club card number? :shrug:

I think you must work for Sainsburys - 10p off a litre of fuel if you spend £60 in store

Tescos are doing 5p off for a £50 spend.

Just had Martins Money Saving Tips come though !!

But yes the offer is spend £60 in store and you get 10p off a liter of petrol.

exactly as I thought, both Morissons and Sainsbury are up to this trick, and guess what, the pump price I pass in the mornings has dropped 4p a litre anyway this week :roll:

Shame... as I don't put supermarket fuel in the VR! Now if only I could get some kind of discount on Shell Optimax.. :|