hawwy

urgent help needed with tyres stretch , clearing arches, lowering , etc

hi

i just fittted my bbs rm to my corrado vr, now the problem is there too out of the arches, tyre wont get under arches at all when it lower.

the are 9J x 5 , the tyres i have got on right now are 195 45 15, and the stretch isnt that much ,, so what do i do now, do i tyres with more of a stretch? if so what size, i looked on tyrestretch.com but cant find anything that looks right. i thing i need a load of stretch?

heres some pictures. pictures say a thousand words.

img0676a.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img0677ap.jpg

img0679ai.jpg

img0682a.jpg

img0685ap.jpg

img0687ak.jpg

thank you

well every 1mm on the wheel adaptor thickness reduces your offest by 1mm. Like has been said above your offset is too low. Get narrower wheels or higher offset ones. no amount of stretch will get those wheels under the arches. And putting 165's on a 9J rim is just asking for trouble

your gonna struggle with those et`s mate, your spacers will be at least 16 mm leaving et20 and with 9 inch wide and standard arch`s no amount of tyre stretch will work. And with them being 15`s you`ve got to go low to get it looking right

the spacers i got on right now are like 30 mm

not gonna happen mate, i`ve tried alot of wheels so far on mine and not a chance... sell them on edition and buy some decent offsets..

I don't want it proper under arches, I want it so like if I go on a bump or something then the top of the tyrewall will go under arch and not hit it

looks like there poked out atleast 20-25mm to much, you need to take that away some how, if you cant take that away by removeing adapters/spacers your skrewed, either that or pay alot of money and have your arch's re done to suit.

As said mate, the mix of wheel width, ET, spacer/ adaptors will not give you the under arch you want. Nothing to do with what size or stretch of tyres. Changing the amount of stretch will do nothing towards stopping the wheel or tyre hitting the arch. A 165 tyre on a 9" wheel would be dangerous.

Police won't look favourably on this if it was on the road, you would get hassles off them.

the tyres you have are fine, you need 16 or 20mm spacers for the look you require.

right now im running 25mm adaptors, will 15mm adaptors do the trick?

Personally, as I tyre engineer myself, I'd have to backup what 8vMatt is saying.

Firstly, tyres are not designed to be run like that, and will ne dangerous to drive on, especially at speed.

I've seen things like this before, and the first thing people do is blame the tyres.

Checking ETRTO, the narrowest permitted tyre width for a rim with a width of 9" is 225.

Stretching tyres on runs should only ever be done for 'show' purposes.

Rant over.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Are you for real??? Bloody hell man why bother taxing it! as if you run it like that you have no insurance and no MOT.

Just stupid and downright dangerous.

Do not get it at all.

right now im running 25mm adaptors, will 15mm adaptors do the trick?

Looking again at the pics i dont believe the info you have given is current. can you take a photo of behind the centre caps front and rear. I think that these were probably something like 7J et36 but then had wider dishes put on. this would then not make them et36 any more..

If you cant take a photo then list everything written on the wheel centres and i'll take a look.. An RM*** number would be helpful!

Checking ETRTO, the narrowest permitted tyre width for a rim with a width of 9" is 225.

I like to stick to the 'like for like' principal, e.g. 7J rim = 195. 8J rim = 205. 9J rim = 215 but it doesn't always work like that because tyre and wheel makers can't seem to agree on standard widths!! Ideally a tyre should have a nice square shoulder and side walls the same width as the wheel rim. Not always achievable so we have to work with what's available to us.

For example, my old 8J wide Rotas were more like 9s in reality and a 205 was mildly stretched, which should not be the case at all really.

Then VW go and put a 205 tyre on a 6.5J rim!! And if that isn't silly enough, my 5 series Tourer has 225 balloons on a 6.5J x 15 wheel. Admittedly wider than the rim is safer than narrower than the rim, but even so, if not even respectable car makers can stick to a sizing standard, no wonder car enthusiasts don't know what's safe and what isn't. The OP's pics don't look safe to me, it has to be said.

I'm thinking show attendance is the main reason for doing this. I don't think anyone is daft enough to attempt 3 laps of the nurburgring using 165 tyres on 9J rims :lol:

well the easiest way of getting those to fit is to get the hubs drilled out to 5/112, either that or get some alloys that will fit properly

Looking again at the pics i dont believe the info you have given is current. can you take a photo of behind the centre caps front and rear. I think that these were probably something like 7J et36 but then had wider dishes put on. this would then not make them et36 any more..

If you cant take a photo then list everything written on the wheel centres and i'll take a look.. An RM*** number would be helpful!

yes, so what will they be running? the front are 7 j , they are et36 , the back are 9j so i would have been changed? the are 5x112 , and the are rm003 edition whites, quite rare

it says 7jx15h2 rm003 et36

how do you go about getting hubs drilled to 5x112?

Fit proper sized wheels then, there is no way round it. Put them back to 8in and fit a 205 tyre front and back to keep the same RR.

okay so what you have is: BBS RM003 15" 7J 5x112 ET36

Which makes the wheels a pair of

front BBS RM003 15" 7J 5x112 ET36

and

rear BBS RM003 15" 9J 5x112 ET11

As you have added 2 inches to the dish, you have added 1 inch [25mm] to the offset.

You are then adding 25mm to the offset with the adapters giving you:

a pair of

front BBS RM003 15" 7J 5x112 ET11

and

rear BBS RM003 15" 9J 5x112 ET+14

The simple answer is the wheels won't fit. Even if you use 15mm adapters you'll be at:

front BBS RM003 15" 7J 5x112 ET21

and

rear BBS RM003 15" 9J 5x112 ET+4

This may just work if you stick with the 195/45's.. Any higher on the tyre width and they won't tuck enough.

I'd order a pair of 15mm's for the rear for now as the fronts are probably looking okay as they are? Although there's no pics to confirm.

It may be that it's still just too much though.. good luck with it!

Would it be more cost effective for you to sell them and buy 5x100 wheels in the same sort of style?

Would it be more cost effective for you to sell them and buy 5x100 wheels in the same sort of style?

thing is i cant find any 5x100. thats the thing, how much would it cost to redrill anyway?