Sign in to follow this  
bigbob

Just got a Rado - important checks ?

Alrite, picked my Rado 16v up on Wednesday, just like to see if anyone recommends checking or changing anything now its mine ?

AFAIK the cam belt has not been changed, mileage is at 89k so im guessing that could do with being changed ?

Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated anyway..

C :)

You're wallet, make sure it's got lots of money floating around in it. Mine sure doesn't anymore :shock: *laughs* ;)

I don't have any serious advice about the 16v motor in particular as I own a VR6, but I can say congratulations. I love my C, that's for sure, even if it is in pieces in the garage at the moment!

:D

As a general rule, if the car has 89k miles on it, and the cambelt can't be proven to have been changed, it's worth getting it done.

Just be thankful you don't have a VR6.. It might take twice as long (on average) for the timing chains to go, but it costs twice as much (at least) to do!!

General advice on owning a Corrado:

1) be careful when using the doorhandles, headlight switches, heater controls, ignition switch.

2) save up for replacement door handles, headlight switches, heater controls and ignition switches and fog lamps

:?

Watch out for your sunroof too.. if they go, its a sod to sort out.

If there is any cash to spare....headlight loom upgrade, and some Lupo Gti wipers fitted are a good idea. Welcome to the joys of ownership, expect to spend more on petrol though, as in the words of Faithless youl'l often 'take the long way home' or go for drives just for the sake of it. At least, that's what i do! :)

"AFAIK". Sorry to be stupid, but what the speg does that mean. Seen in on loads of threads but cant figure it out.

sorry, sorry, sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

I usually really good on them!

timo

As far as I know mate.. :twisted: ... AFAIK means As Far As I Know! :lol: :roll: Could have been worse, don't think anyone's posted to ask what one six V means yet, ..........AFAIK!

youl'l often 'take the long way home' or go for drives just for the sake of it. At least, that's what i do! :)

Haha im a victim of that already mate !! :lol:

thanks for the ideas lads

C