Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Just Zymol'ed my Corrado

What can I say...WOW! this stuff is amazing. I cannot belive the amount of filth this stuff just brought out of my paint. The car has literally changed colour too! gone is the mily purpley colour, and now it's a deep gloss black in the evening, and a beutiful deep aubergine in the sunlight.

fanatstic stuff, not sure if it was worth te £110 I paid! but it's certainly knocjked a good 5 years off the age of the car, it looks showroom fresh now!

I went for a kit, not just the wax. as good as the wax ism, you really need to go throught the cleansing process to get rid of all the tar spotts and oxidisation on the paint.

I recommend it highly to anyone who has a dark car, the sheen it's now got is like nothing I've ever used before.

I'd take some better pics, but unfortunately it went dark and I had to use the night time mode, which is a bit blurry without a tripod

:D :D :D

Looking very good. I'm thinking about treating myself to the Zymol or Swissol. I need one suitable for silver I hope the results are as good as yours. 8)

Woah... I need to get one of these kits.... 8) Mine's still looking quite shiney 'cos it blew up 2 days after Tatton park last year, so it's not really been anywhere to get dirty... but it still doesn't shine like that.. :|

Does look nice. I've seen what these Swissol and similar kits can do, and the results are spectacular.

I know I often go on about it, but 2CC's Green VR6 with refurbed wheels and the Swissol treatment looked absolutely showroom new.

I gotta ask - how does it work? How many different applications do you have to do, whats the complete procedure, etc? Do you need one of those electric buffer things or is it do-able by hand?

I don't know how you are supposed to properly wax a car - all i've ever used is like Autoglym polish which you just apply after you have washed and dried the car.

Oh... and you need some tyre black on those tyres Phat :D Makes a car complete after a good wash :)

yeah, I know the tyres needed doing, like I said, it went dark, so I gave up. 4 hours polishing was quite enough!

I'll never use autoglym again.

well the difference with these products is that you are actually cleaning the surface of the paint of all the contaminant that are on it, as opposed to just polishing a fine layer of paint away and applying a synthetic wax at the same time.

The process is 2 stage, but can be 3 (clay being the option) if you wish and also depending on which wax you choose.

After washing the car with the car bath supplied, you then dry the car as normal (ideally with a water blade and some terry towels or a microfibre drying towel). If you are doing the optional clay stage, then you don't have to dry the car as you can use the water as a lube for the clay.

Once the car is dry, then the Paint Cleaner Fluid is used to clean the paint. This is used in straight lines on a small area at a time 1m x 1m or a panel. This is then buffed off before it dries to reveal the tru colour of the paintwork. The paint should 'aqueak' as you remove this product.

Once the whole car has been done, or the area that you are only doing at the time, then the wax xan be applied.

Start at a front corner of the car and apply an extremely thin layer of wax over the whole car. Remember less is more and you will ideally put a number of thin payers of wax on the car over time. Putting th wax on thinck is a total waste of time, as you will be buffing most of it off, and making more work for yourself in the process.

Once the whole car ha been waxed, start at the same point on the car and buff it off. Remember the cure time for the wax will be temerature dependant, so if it is not coming off nively straight away, leave it for a little while longer.

Now the whole car should be waxed and buffed and looking sparling. If you can leave the car in the sun for a few hours, the shine will get deeper and then just do a final buff off afterwards again.

Apply the tyre dressing and stand back and admire!

The above applies to the SWISSOL waxes and products, not necessaryily the Zymol ones, OK.

Where SWISSOL waxes differ is in the aplication. They have been designed so that the whole car can be waxed at ones, and even in the sun on a warm day, where as the Zymol ones ideally have to be done on a panel at a time, and they can be very hard to remove if done on hot paintwork.

The Paint Cleaner Fluid is also easier to use, less messy and gives a better finish quicker, than the HD Cleanse.

The SWISSOL Entry kits come with Tyre dressing instead of the option of Leather Feed or Vinyl dressing. The leather should be cleaned first before the leather feed is used anyway.

The SWISSOL Entry kits also come in a nice black cooler bag, which you can keep all the kit in, instead of a cardboard box....

The SWISSOL products are in a constant state of development, which probably cannot be said for Zymol.....

The SWISSOL waxes are suitable for ALL paint colours and types, with the results on silver being extrmely bright...my father-in-laws A4 can testify to that, and when I did it last autumn I could not look at the paintwork as I wax buffing it off without sunglasses on, it was so bright!

If anyone has any q's on the above, fire them miy way and I will be happy to answer them! :)

John.

p.s. Remember that you can get a 10% discount on all SWISSOL products subhect to P&P where applicable, but only from me! :wink:

No, it's mucky again now! at least the muck will wash off easier now too :D I'm going to do the engine bay, inner arches and floorpan too, the muck won't be able to stick to it.

I'll get some proper pics when it's sunny and I've cleaned it again. some that'll show the colour a pit more. and I'll do the wheels and tyres this time too. I had a cracking photo of the Corrado badge reflecting perfectly in the back bumper, but because it was getting dark I couldn't hold the camera still enough for a decent long exposure shot.

The paint really is as shiny as the windows, I can't believe how much better and newer it looks, I'm truly amazed that a few tins of liquid (albeit a £100's worth!!) can make such an improvement.

If you have a dark car, you need zymol, you really do.

£110 eh? That sounds like alot of money on cleaning your motor, but judging by the pictures it's money well spent! One very clean looking rado 8) . How much is the Swissol kit?

seanoVR et al,

Should be able to do an:

Onyx Entry kit for £105 delivered

Saphir Entry kit for £131.10 delivered

Shield Wax with Teflon (inc Paint Rubber kit) for £159 delivered

Leather Care Kit for £36 delivered

at the moment. :D

(Prices subject to change) :(

John.

John, Can you give some insight into the merit of each of the kits, which would be best for a Silver metallic

Thanks,

Gareth

Sorry to tread on you toes , just believed an informed debate on the merits of the products might be worthwhile. You are clearly impressed with your results and for a dark coloured car perhaps Zymol is the obvious choice?

depends which zymol you buy.

I've got the Carbon one, it says in the manual tha the Creame one is better for lighter cars, but any of the higher ranged ones will do either.

no, f*ck off and start a swissol thread, ths one is about zymol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PhatVR6, sorry you feel so animated about my 'hi-jacking' your thread, but the responsw was only to the questions answered above, with a bit more info....

If the mods would like to make this a new thread then by all means do, if that will keep Mr Phat happy.

The reason why Zymol offer two waxes at the base level is a little confusing as it is doubling up on product etc :? , but one of them has a UV filter in it and the other one doesn't, that is basically the difference. All the other waxes in the range contain UV filters.

All of the SWISSOL waxes contain UV500 filters, so from the UV protection stakes they are all the same. It also matters not what colour of car you have, they will all give superb results, the difference being the % carnauba in each wax and the resultant depth of shine that results. :)

There is also the Shield wax with teflon, which is ideal if the car is going to get extremely muddly or left outside most of the time. The teflon helps prevent the dirt from sticking to the surface of the car and therefore making it easier to wash. 8)

Each of the Entry kits contains the folowing (at the moment):

250ml Car bath

250ml Paint Cleaner Fluid

250ml Pneu tyre dressing

236ml Pot of wax of your choice

1 Wax buffing towel (cotton)

2 Cleaner Fluid buffing towel (cotton)

1 wash cloth

2 applicator pads (1 wax, 1 cleaner fluid)

1 full set of printed instructions (not a CDROM)

1 cooler bag to keep it all in.

The only thing that changes between the kits is the wax, which is up to the individual to choose. :wink:

I say at the moment, as the buffing towels are going to be relaced by microfibre buffing towels shortly, but I have not been informed when the switch-over will be.

If you are talking about % carnauba, then Onyx (30%), Saphir (40%), Shield (50% + Teflon).

If any one has more questions then either PM me or ask them here.

Kind regards,

John.

.....If the mods would like to make this a new thread then by all means do

Ah, it's all about cars and keeping them clean, at the end of the day.

I'm sure Phat doesn't mind that much :)

Can I ask what is the difference between something like T-Cut and Swissol/Zymol? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just interested as they sound like they do roughly the same thing. There obviously must be some difference between them otherwise the price wouldn't be as much, so hopefully you can enlighten me....

Hmmm... interesting. I've been meaning to get mine professionally valeted once the gritting season is over as a place nearby comes highly recommended assuming that they'd be using products not available to Joe Public. However, the car has quite a few tiny scratches caused by the elderly odd-job man at work who used to clean it for me getting a bit doddery and not realising when he'd picked up grit in the sponge. I think most of them will T-cut out but I've not got round to it yet hoping that the valeters would be able to sort it (don't do cleaning, that's what men are for ;-)). Will this stuff do this or does it need the scratches dealt with before using it?

dinkus,

T-cut and the like are paint cutting agents and therefore contain abrasives that shave a very thin layer of paint from the surface eash and evry time you use them. Just look at the cloth to see the amount of paint that has been taken off. :x

The SWISSOL Paint Cleaner Fluid as well as the Zymol HD-Cleanse just contain natural paint cleaners and essential oils that clean the oxidation and debris from the paint surface, while at the same time feeding the paint to give it that wet-look shine. :D

They are not cutting agents or polishes, just natural cleaners with essential oils. They are not dusty and leave the paint surface 'squeaky' cleaner, really! :wink:

That is where they are majorly different from the off-the-shelf products that you can get most places.

I have done a couple of dark metallic cars that the owners have just used A/G products on and the dark metallic blue, while being clean and shiny, had a lack of depth to it, and in fact looked cloudy, if that is the correct description. I used the Paint Cleaner fluid on one section and the difference was dramatic to say the least. There was no comparason in the two finished. 8)

It was even more noticable under artifical light at a petrol station, where the two finishes looked very different. Suffice to say that he was then convinced and wanted me to do the rest of the car as it then looked crap compared to the new bit.........

Lizzie, if the scratches are down to the primer paint then you will have to get them touched in or resprayed, maybe Chipsaway or similar. If they are just surface scratches, then then should be removable with the harsher Paint Cleaner Fluid Medium, which contains some abrasive extras, especially for this purpose.

John.

Thanks for info John,

judging by the photos and people's comments, it certainly seems to do the job. All I need now is a Corrado to use it on... :)

They are not cutting agents or polishes, just natural cleaners with essential oils.

Sounds like an advert for Oil of Olay, but for the car. I can see the telly adverts now...! :lol: