dannyboy

How long does it take for your ABS pressure to charge up?

Boys just comparing,

My ABS takes about 25-30 seconds to build and put abs light out.obivously takes second or two if restart after few minutes.Feels like pump is getting on a bit or accumulator is slighty leaking but want to compare before thinks of renewing

How long does your take from cold start?

B&!!s,ill prob need a new ABS system as i think their sealed units. not good. Maybe ebay can help here....

Hey mr green,hows your motor running?

Month or two and ill have mine running.Bought a cheap run-around for when i start the conversion,OEM wiring is a bit of a pain at the moment but worth it as ill be able to use vagcom with the obd port.the DBW pedal i have to weld up a bracket.Also bloke i bought it from gave me his word he'd send me the MAF sensor,month later and 5 emails-still no reply.Figures

Anyone know if a VR abs unit will fit a g60?

I was looking on Vagcat, and there is a repair kit for the ABS unit !

Not a 100% sure if Vr one will fit, but someone with more knowledge will be along soon

is there? didnt know that! cheers man.

ill owe you a beer when im back in uk. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

is that repair kit for the hydralics only?

thanks anyway for searching man. found pumps on ebay.hope they work!

its not a problem,just takes longer for the light to go out when i leave the car for a while so pressure resevior must be back leaking slighty when the engine is turned off. doesnt effect braking just more of an annoyance

Clean these filters buddy (shown in the middle just poking out of the hole), also if you take the pump off the manifold there are some in there too, infact there are lots of filters. Just carefully take the whole unit apart on a workbench and you will come across them all eventually. You'll probably find one blocked stopping the system from pressurising quickly, it's either that or your pump is not up to scratch. You say it's not affecting performance, it won't normally but it will if you ever need the ABS as it can't pressurise fast enough!

I was looking on Vagcat, and there is a repair kit for the ABS unit !

Not a 100% sure if Vr one will fit, but someone with more knowledge will be along soon

If you mean this....

(16) 535698310A

ATE repair kit for hydraulic valve unit / 20,64 MM ATE

use if required: / A 071 906 233

VR6 Anti-lock braking system - ABS / VR6 for vehicles with electronic differential lock -edl- / 16V,G60 for vehicles with electronic differential lock-edl-/ 16V, G60 / 2E,ADY / 2E, ADY

Not valid for the RHD UK models. That repair kit is for the LHD models. Totally different system. UK is the Teves MkIV system, which has the servo/brake master cylinder on the RH side and the ABS/EDL control block/pump on the LH side as we all know in the UK.

Cheers kip,ill give it a bash on a spare busted abs first and then strip the one i have in the car.ive tested the ABS system few times and it it was fine.pulses through pedal and wheel judders when abs kicks in.Any special tools needed buddy? OT, how is sailsbury these days?lived there for three years.

RW1 cheers dude,glad you clarified that cause now now i can order one as i have a LHD raddo.

No worries pal, no special tools other than some large hex bits, Salisbury slowly getting worse, just doiing a house up out in the countryside, can't wait to get out there!

sweet,thanks for the advise,anything worth noting?ie being gentle with some parts?ive got shovel hands being a big bloke!

p.s used to work in the cornmarket inn in town