KADVR6

dizzy engine question

ok the engine i have at the moment is smoking a little (stem seals) and been speaking to SKIMASK on here about buying he's refurbed engine, when/if i get that engine i will then be spending some money on taking mine out to 3.0ltr with cams etc etc after xmas.

but my engine is currently coilpack, and SKIMASKS is a dizzy engine, so can that engine be converted to coilpack?? or can i run mine with dizzy?? dont forget that mine has the obd2 conversion also, so getting confused lol

karl

I seem to remember a couple of people on here that has carried out the change from dizzy to coilpack, maybe do a search?

Just did!

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?51828-VR6-Distributor-Engine-change-to-Coil-Pack-Type

The top cover and rear cam needs swapped over. The coilpack engine has a cam sensor, and the magnet or whatever, is on the cam..

Edited by Skimask

Karl, yes you most definitely can convert a dizzy engine to Coilpack as i've literally just had this done to mine as i've taken all the major running gear from my 92 dizzy engined VR & put it into a new 94 VR coilpack shell which is very similar to your plan.

Pretty sure it was just the end plate (that the dizzy mounts onto) plus an engine sensor & obviously a coilpack itself (in my case) that were changed.

HTH,

regards, Alex

ok the engine i have at the moment is smoking a little (stem seals) and been speaking to SKIMASK on here about buying he's refurbed engine, when/if i get that engine i will then be spending some money on taking mine out to 3.0ltr with cams etc etc after xmas.

but my engine is currently coilpack, and SKIMASKS is a dizzy engine, so can that engine be converted to coilpack?? or can i run mine with dizzy?? dont forget that mine has the obd2 conversion also, so getting confused lol

karl