robrado974

fuel probs or electrical?

hi all ,think i may have a fuel pump problem or the electrics to it . The vr will quite often struggle to start fron cold ,but fine from usage. She often takes 4-5 turns of the key to fire ,sometimes with the help of me pumping the throttle and can be lumpy but then picks up and runs fine .Other times she starts fine on the first turn of the key.Have changed plugs ,cleaned the leads and dizzy is fine , isv has been cleaned as well, she has backfired when trying to start but only once . Any ideas of solving the problem much appreciated . regards rob

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

just started her and sounds like the fuel pump was gurgling and whiring?

Try replacing the fule pressure regulator on the side of the fuel rail - small cyclindrical unit - fixed this on mine. What's happening is that the residual fuel pressure is dropping below the required level, and it needs a fair few cranks to build up again.

Did you try this and if so did it work?

Your problems seem very similar to mine and ive replaced leads, plugs, dizzy, coil, and then the problem came back!

Just want it sorted now.