robo22sri

best place for exterior items?

I just bought a vr6 of a memeber on the forum :D and i was wondering where the best place to buy new bits was?

I am after a new chin spoiler, new lower grille and the metal strip that goes under the head lights

A point in the right direction would be wicked

Many thanks Rob

I think they are all obsolete so you will need to look out on here it on the bay. There is a group buy on here for an aftermarket 70mm chin spoiler though.

Best bet is this forum or ebay tbh mate. Probably not available from VW any more

I'm in the process of gauging interest in having parts made in carbon to replace those parts that are now obsolete. Might be worth a thought along those lines.

the 70mm one is that the spoonfed item? and are they made the same as the orignal items?

Yes the spoonfed one. But originals were 50mm and 90mm. The Spoonfed one is 70mm so while it is very close it's not going to be 100% identical. But in my view it's the right size as the 90mm can scrape over humps on a lowered car.

have many people bought the spoon fed one? i still need to get the cross hatch lower grill to!

Lower grills (obsolete from VW) do turn up from time to time. Most are cracked and some sellers won't split from the bumper, but they do turn up. Tow eye covers are also obsolete.

Metal reinforce bar is also sadly obsolete, but these are non model specific, therefore more readily available.

70mm spoiler seems a happy middle ground. But at a price.

The metal strip under the headlights is the slam panel! Maybe still available, but will be very, very expensive. Plenty knocking around from breakers- you'll have to get it resprayed though.

VW Heritage are able to get hold of original parts that have been made obsolete... I have a quote for a 90mm splitter that came in at £140ish delivered. Expensive, but VAG OEM.

Mark

VW Heritage are able to get hold of original parts that have been made obsolete... I have a quote for a 90mm splitter that came in at £140ish delivered. Expensive, but VAG OEM.

Mark

I still think that's cheap tbh..

Here in Norway you have to pay approximately £270 from the stealers... :-|

Thankfully we can buy parts from other countries.. :-P

Vw heritage still do them

is it best to ring them? the site is a bit rubbish :(

i cant even think what you call it properly!?!

Edited by robo22sri

I ring them with the part number,

If you go on their website, go to the part search, put the part number in with a C in front of it,it should show up on their system.not all of there stock is on the computer, so you may have to ring !

cool registered and got the part number :D

i swear i have seen it with a blank for the key on the boot lid!