Mr Sands

Oops again...

Was just about to post that!! Can't believe he crashed the F1 but then he's had it from new and has done some serious miles in it!

Love the way it crashed and caught fire - probably a write off depeite being a £1 Million car :-(

Didn't he crash it not long after he brought it?

Seem to remember reading somewhere that he'd had a minor collision with a mini of all cars some years ago.

Didn't he crash it not long after he brought it?

Seem to remember reading somewhere that he'd had a minor collision with a mini of all cars some years ago.

I was just thinking the same thing! I swear he smashed it to bits before!

lovely cars the F1 :D

I did fear for the car too when reading the report, but given that he's not short of a bob or two (to understate things rather!) and that he seems to be genuinely fond of it, I am sure he'll have it repaired.

I think it would be a different story if it had been bought by some airhead celebrity or footballer, who trashed it not long after it was new. However, Atkinson strikes me as a proper sort of petrolhead enthusiast, with the cash to sustain the hobby in a way we can only dream of. Good man!

It'll be repaired. You should see some of the F1's that Mclaren have brought back from the dead!

You seen the follow up picture for this? The entire back end of the car is missing.. it's properly, properly hosed...

You seen the follow up picture for this? The entire back end of the car is missing.. it's properly, properly hosed...

Couple of the ones they've repaired before. You'd literally have to break it into 3 pieces before Mclaren will call it a day. I guess because they are so rare

mclaren-destroyed-by-fire.jpg

lm97_22.jpg

S'funny but when someone has an accident in a car park all hell breaks out but when a celebrity known to love, and usually drive well, a seriously powerful car crashes on an A road (while probably doing the maximum speed allowed at that point ;) ) no one calls him a tool !!!

Good point because I guess it must take something pretty severe and / or stupid to unstick the F1's mighty traction. Mind you, it was tipping it down yesterday.

Besides, I would rather own up to losing an F1 during some mid-corner heroics than getting my foot stuck between the pedals in a Supermarket car park.

It was real bad rain here when he crashed it, parts of the area were underwater. If they do write it off ill be keeping an eye on the scrappy :D

It was real bad rain here when he crashed it, parts of the area were underwater. If they do write it off ill be keeping an eye on the scrappy :D

Wing mirrors?

I will take the car and leave it on my mums driveway....im sure she will appreciate that!